31. Problems

"You two fucked up."

I just kept my arms folded as my parents stared at us in complete shock.

Arthur was looking at his lap in shame while I had my arms folded.

"We didn't fuck up anything. You're lucky I came at all-."

"We got envelopes - fucking envelopes - issuing your marriage! In Las Vegas, of all places!" My Mom cried in disappointment, shaking her head. Slapping the papers on the coffee table and I was surprised that they even knew my location like that. How much shit did I do that night?

"Well, I'm not sorry. I love Arthur and nothing you say or do will make me regret doing this."

"Oh? Did he fuck you good or what? Son, are you that stupid?" My dad hissed, making me flinch as I glance at him." This isn't okay! I have nothing against you two, but it's the way you guys did it and how...sloppy it was. We weren't even there - and what are those rings?!"

I roll my eyes, removing it as I let it hit the sun. The dull silver boring me as I put it back on.

"I was going to get better ones once I got back. But since you two had something to say, it got canceled at the moment."

"So it's our fault?"

"I didn't say that, you did."

"William this no way to talk to parents. Mom, dad, I sorry. I know you not like news now, but I not do this malicious. I care for William I - I love him." He murmurs, making her look crestfallen in response.

"You don't need to apologize-."

"Yes you do," I look, my dad having his arms folded as he looked pissed," You two don't know that you two aren't the only people in this world. William, you have college. Arthur, I don't know what you're achieving for, but my son is achieving for his football dream-."

"That I got for him." He interrupted, making me fold my arms while my dad glared at him.

"Are you saying he wouldn't have it without you?"

"No. I never-."

"Don't get mad at me. Before he ran off to France for you, we had a surprise for him."

"Which is?" I asked, not wanting this to get worser than it already was.

"You got an acceptance to Harvard. Their team wants you and we said yes for you, but if you weren't so hung up on trying to get Arthur..." He drifted, my mom not even saying anything. Probably because she didn't want to make things worse. But I was getting pissed. Who does he think he is?

Yes, I'm excited and all. How does that have anything to do with the two of us?

"I went to him because I was wrong."

"You went to him to fix your pride, son. To fix the guilt you may have been holding. I've done it before and I'm not afraid to admit it. But you doing this isn't good for your future-."

"What isn't good? Being with him? Or ruining your family name?" He folded his arms, making me fold my arms as he was staring at me." You're staring at the younger, fresher, and newer version of Moretti's. I don't care if your only twenty years older, I'm still better. So I'm not ruining anything, I'm simply breaking tradition."

I looked to Arthur, seeing uncomfortable as fuck.

"Son...I have no problem that you love him-."

"But you do. You want me to be with him, but when it comes with getting married and all... You want me to probably be with someone else, a woman."