20. Elope

The farthest our elope took us was to Las Vegas, the nearest France that we had without making it obvious that we left the country. Wasn't marrying the guy, we just ran off to Las Vegas without my parents consent. It's all good though.

I have a relative who owns a famous club, we'll easily get in considering he's friends with practically everyone. Telling me he helped bring Las Vegas to the fame it is today.

I'm guessing it's because he's old as dirt and believes telling himself that will make him feel important. I mean, props to him but still; what an imagination.

"We not get in trouble?" Arthur asks for umpteenth time. I shake my head, waiting for my great uncles go-ahead into the club. Like hell we're just gonna get in there.

I mean we could, my drivers license that is. But I'm too special to need to show this guy my credentials.

Suddenly hearing squeals I know he's near as he seems to be that type of old man who draws attention. None of my family members age badly and considering he's in his eighties, he looks like he's in his fifties.

I soon see a him walking towards us, smiling as he has two women at his hips. Nodding at me and tipping his shades a bit at Arthur.

"Got a bodyguard now? Are the girls that bad?" He asks and I smirk, shaking my head.

"No. It's my..." I can't say Exchange Brother, especially around all these people."good friend."

Uncle nods, walking back as he points his suffocated fingers full of rings at the two of us. Gesturing for us to follow him in, so we do.

Practically have to keep a watchful eye on Arthur since he's never been in a casino. I have, so I know my way around these things. The rules and how to act and the rules here are on the water works.

"This place pretty." I hear him say, and I nod as I've seen it countless times. Nothings really changed except it's modernized.

"Yeah. Just wait 'til we get to the VIP area. That's where we're going." I say, and he frowns.

"What 'VIP'?"

"Very Important Person. We are important, so we go to VIP."

"That not nice. All deserve VIP-."

"That's not how it works." I interrupt, shaking my head as we begin going past a red rope. The carpet now black as we were heading towards a large staircase that was barely teeming with people.

"Why?"

"Because. They're just people visiting. They have no importance and mean nothing to the world. VIP, everyone knows their name and is important. We are-."

"No one know my name." He states, and I sigh.

"So what...you're my partner." I say, and he frowns." If you won't accept this then I'm making you my partner. It's mandatory to have a partner, I believe. Man or woman who cares, so come on."

As we go up the stairs Uncle begins to laugh, his girls giving us little glances.

"What old man?"

"You two are cute. Not sure he's not your little boyfriend?" He asks, and I glance at Arthur as he just look me at him." I have no problem with it. You're at the age to explore, but I think you two are something else."

I just look at Arthur, and he finally looks at me. Then he suddenly wraps his arm around my waist as he snuggles his face into my neck.

"So what if we something else." Arthur says, his accent for some reason extra thick and even the women were looking at him like he was a King. Uncle even looking him up and down.