11. Drunk

"I want to be back in America." Arthur whines, and I frown as I watch the sun in the sky with my shades on. He has been complaining ever since I thought he was over me asking him why he worked in a...less fortunate job. Saying he's adopted and that's fine, but no need to get angry at me.

"I don't. The sun seems closer and it's giving me a killer tan." Making me flex my body and him shaking his head.

"Sorry, I can not get anymore tan than I already am."

I snort, looking at him as he was too focused on...nothing. He's focused on the air, trees, whatever it is he's staring at.

"What happened in France?" I ask him, seeing him narrowing his eyes at me. But this was a sincere question!

"Nothing-."

"Obviously something did if you are getting mad over me asking a simple question."

"It not simple, it nosy." He sneers, making me roll my eyes." I love France, but I wish my mother love me as much as I love her."

I sit up, facing him more; more curious than before.

"When my adopt parents arrange meeting to meet my mom, I was fourteen. In all that I remember meeting her and her face was disgust; like she not know why I alive. Saying I look like her disgusting ex that made her conceive and that I disgusting for looking like him... She disown me 'cause I look like my dad, but she did have me so should she not love me?"

Seeing the way he was reacting to the truth he began to glare at the ground. Like he wanted to burn a hole in the concrete because it was obvious that nothing good was going for him; except him coming here.

"Did she say that?" I ask, making him nod.

"Not exactly, but close enough."

I look at him differently, but a good differently. You would've never guessed that he was adopted based on how he acts, he seems fine to me. But clearly he has some type of grudge.

"What about you meet your dad?" I offer, making him shrug." Your mother and you didn't work, so try the other person that gave her his sperm to make you. It takes two to tango, so she wouldn't have made shit without him. Meet him instead."

I can tell he's beginning to consider my option, but he suddenly deflates.

"What if crazy? I not sure...mother has other kids, loves them. But not me. Not sure what I do if both of them hate me-."

"Unlikely!" I shout, shaking my head as I was getting mad at him for saying these things. He's just assuming and it's lame.

"You not understand. You have everything you want and spoiled, you never understand; Nathan does."

I flinch, glaring at him.

"You still talk to Nathan?"

"Of course. I never say I not talk to him anymore. Him and I have a lot in common. He adopted and not care for who he likes. Just likes what he likes."

As he explains the similarities between the two of them, it pisses me off...

"When I'm around, don't talk about him or I'll ignore you." I hiss, making him frown.

"You jealous?"

"No. Just annoyed." I growl, stretching as he just looked at me. His eyes moving slowly as they looked away." What is it?"

"I have challenge." He said, changing the subject.

"Which is?" I realized that my parents weren't here. I'm not sure where but as long as I'm not in school I'm down.