21. A Different Arthur

"I'm sorry, to all of you." I apologize, grinning at them all. They just watch me blankly, but I didn't stop myself. "I was mean and a bully. I never knew my limits and even when I was told them - I ignored them purposely. I was mean to every single one of you and I am sorry. I want to be able to put this behind me and hope we can get along. Arthur would appreciate that greatly as well - and I was mean to him too."

Their eyes glance at one another, and I grin sadly. I rest my hand on my stomach - that instantly garnering attention.

"I have a child within me. A child who deserves a parent who isn't as cruel and mean as I once was. I want to do this right. I want us...all to be friends; and again, I am sorry." I apologize once more, bowing my head before them.

I hoped it wouldn't be silent for too long. I genuinely meant my apology. Arthur can probably see me from the car and I know he's proud...I'm proud of myself too.

Until I felt something cold.

I blink as I feel my hair become drenched. Found myself beginning to feel some liquid drip down my face onto my lips. I stared forward as I saw people I used to know surrounding me.

Their faces full of mockery and hatred. The one person I saw first was Talia.

Talia smiling at me, she held a large cup as I could smell the scent of some cleaning fluid. Had me becoming nauseous just by the strong scent.

"I had to clean the bullshit from you. You still reek." She hisses, and I watch as I'm doused again.

All I could do was cover my face when I felt them do such a thing. My eyes beginning to burn from the chemicals and I shook my head quickly.

"Talia..." I look at her, and she sneered.

"You have always been the worst. You...you want to put this past behind you, but it will always follow you. You...you can't avoid who you are deep inside. You can try all you want to be a better person, but that's not in your nature! You don't deserve to be happy - you really don't. No one forgives you - not even Arthur. He could say he forgives you all he wants, but we'd all be stupid if we said that was true. With how you treated him...there'll always be a barrier.

"That child is only keeping locked onto you, not by choice. If...if he could - I bet he wouldn't hesitate taking everything from you and everything you love one day. I can see it." Tali's hissed, and I felt my heart begin to shatter.

The words...the thoughts I tried to hide are coming back. My own hands began to shake and I felt like throwing up. Even when I felt someone grab my arm, I could see Arthur rush past me.

There was this anger flashing through his eyes that I've never seen before. Though I couldn't hear anything or what anyone was saying. All I saw was him towering everyone.

Could tell he was yelling at Talia - rage radiating off of him. His eyes looked crazed as someone tried pulling him back, but all he did was shove him harshly. His body slamming onto the ground.

Arthur wasn't looking at me and I could guess why... There was so much rage filling him for me that he didn't want me to see this side of him. It was clear that it frightened everyone else.

I began to back away without even realizing it, but I felt my body bump into someone's. When I look I see it was someone from the football team from high school. His mocking smirk made me feel worse, but I didn't get to see it long enough.

Arthur was quick to shove him away from me. My eyes didn't want to look up because I felt like there was just hatred directed towards me. I already felt like throwing up.