Hidden Talent

When you transferred to Korea, the first month with your then new family was awkward. Jaehoon, your adoptive father, thought that the best way for you to open up to them was if all of you bonded. You went to a pool resort after just five months of living with them. You were standing on the kiddie pool, playing with your adoptive brother which was just 5 y/o at that time. You had a hard time communicating with him but you managed. Jaehoon saw you and decided that the time to bond was right. He went to you and asked you if he could teach you how to swim. Him, being a swimmer back in his college day, he taught you a lot of things with swimming. Thankfully, he was also skillful with English so you understood him better. Ever since that day, the two of you would come back in the resort every month to teach you to swim, eventually you learning different tricks and being a great and fast swimmer.

~~~~~

After two months of your debut and the promoting of your song, you and the boys were granted with three days off. The staff decided to bring you to a pool resort and let you have your fun. The boys didn't have any idea at all that you know how to swim, a great one at that but you didn't brag about it at all.

"Should we eat first or swim?" Jimin asked after setting up their things in their rented room/house but before Jin could answer Jungkook was already at the pool and Tae was trying to pull you towards the pool when he saw you already dressed in your swimwear. "Oppa, wait!" you said to him. Taehyung seeing your resistance decided to pull you harder, thinking that you don't know how to swim. Jin was shouting at the three of you to be careful. Finally giving in, you just let him pull you towards Jungkook who was already at the deeper side.

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook! Stop splashing water at me!"

"I planned to slee- Hey! Bea, come back here!"

"Hyung! Come here!"

"No way! That's too deep!"

"Even Jimin hyung is here, and he's smaller than you"

"Yah, Taehyung-ah! I'm older than you!"

"Monie oppa. Can I ride on your back?"

"Sure, giddy up, little Bee"

~~~~

"Let's have a race!" Jungkook suddenly shouted while running, well.. swimming away from Jin. "There at the Olympic pool." he pointed. "No way. I'm too tired for that. I'm going to sleep at the room." Yoongi said. Namjoon waddling behind him, mumbling about being your personal dolphin. "I'll go!" Jin raised his hand, then looked at Jungkook who snickered. He's really keen on coming after Jungkook's life, you thought. "Two more people and we're all set. Who else wants to?" Jungkook asked again. Jimin raised his hand then you did. "Really?" Tae asked you. You smiled at him and nodded.

You asked Lihee to braid your hair so when you swim, your hair won't get in the way. "Are you sure that you know how to swim?" she looked at you, concerned. "Yeah, unnie." you smiled at her. After she was done she turned you towards her "Be careful" she reminded you.

Standing at the edge of the pool, you, Kookie, Jimin, and Jin were discussing about the rules. "No cheating, no pulling of feet or hair. Understood?" Jin told you while handing out four goggles, one for each of you. Taehyung came with Yoongi and Namjoon in tow. "He said there's a swimming competition. Who?" Namjoon asked when he arrived. "Jungkook, Jin, Jimin, and Bee" Hoseok answered. When he saw you raise your hand before, he became even more excited.

Yoongi was surprised but Namjoon just looked at you. "I don't want anyone drowning today, I hope you all know that" the leader stated, obviously concerned. The four of you nodded.

"Is there a prize?" you asked when the four of you were now standing at the plank. "Hmm.. How about the winner will get to order the three losers for a day" Jungkook smirked then looked at his two hyungs, waiting for their answer. The other two nodded. "So it's settled" Yoongi said loudly, he decided that he would act as the MC since the staff took out the cameras and started filming, "The winner would get to order the tree losers for a day, no complaining or arguments" he said loudly so all of the people with you and the boys would hear. Yoongi gestured for the four of you to get into position. Holding a small silver object, he raised it into the air while speaking loudly, "In three, two, one!" hearing the shrill sound of the whistle, you dove into the water and swam, the things that your father taught you, coming back to you.

~~~~

"Oppa, can you hand me the remote?" you asked Jin. "It's right beside you!" he exclaimed. "Exactly" you smiled at him, remembering the times that he would do the same to you. "I still don't understand how it happened, I reached the end of the pool and was about to go back when she was already halfway of the pool, reaching the end." Kookie whined which made the you and the others laugh. "Shut up, you weren't the one that took 12 minutes to finish." Jimin grumbled.