Third Language

It's not a secret that you can speak three languages fluently: English, Korean, and Filipino, then again the boys haven't asked either so you didn't tell them anything.

They were more than surprised when they learned that you speak another language. Although Namjoon knew that you were Filipino-Korean, he was shocked because you didn't mention anything to him about speaking a different language because you said that you moved to Korea at such a young age so he assumed that you can barely speak the language anymore.

Tracy, your adoptive mom, knows Filipino well despite being Korean. She lived in the Philippines for 25 years then moved back to Korea. She adopted you from your birth mother when she was 35 years old. Her family accepted and treated you like you were a real daughter to them and you lived up to it.

~~~

The eight of you were eating your lunch and you just finished your meal when your phone rang. You picked it up when you saw Tracy calling you and went to the living room to talk with her. "Okay ka lang diyan?(Are you okay there?)" she asked you softly. Hearing her voice at that moment, you felt homesick. She's the only person that you talk to a lot. "Opo, ma (Yes, mom)" you answered.

The both of you were talking about how your lives have been when the boys heard you. At first, they though that it was English, then Namjoon said that it wasn't. Even Yoongi agreed.

The boys just sat there, hidden behind the wall, listening to you talk in a foreign language. They wouldn't count that as eavesdropping since they don't really understand what you were saying. They were just absolutely fascinated and amazed by the fact that you're capable of speaking more than two languages.

As you were in the middle of talking to your mom, you can feel seven pairs of eyes watching you. "Promise mo sakin na magpapakabait ka, at wag mo kalimutan kumain at magpahinga. (Promise me that you'll behave and don't forget to eat and rest properly.)" she said. "Opo, ma. (Yes, mom)" you answered back. "Kiss mo ko sa kanila ah. (Kiss them for me, will you)" she joked. "Ma, kadiri(Ew, mom)!" you said while laughing.

After talking to your mom you went directly behind the wall, at the hallway, and saw the boys scrambling out of your way, trying to look like they were not listening in on your phone call. Looking at each one of them, you were surprised to see even Yoongi there.

~~~

You were eating dinner that you and Jin prepared, joking with them like every other dinner that you have, when Taehyung asked you something that caught the attention of everyone. "Bea, what was the language that you were speaking in earlier?" "You mean the time when you listened in on me?" you asked cheekily which made the others laugh awkwardly. "It was Filipino" you smiled at them. "How come you didn't tell me that you can speak that language?" Namjoon asked you. "Wait, I thought you knew since you noticed that I wasn't full Korean and told you that I was from the Philippines" you answered him. "Oh yeah, didn't think of that, I guess" he scratched his neck.

~~~

"Can you teach me?"

"No, me first!"

"Taehyuung stop bugging her"

"Can you teach me too?"

"You're all being so loud"

"I want to give it a try too!"

You were being crowded by Jimin, Taehyung, Hoseok, and Jungkook, asking you to teach them Filipino. Jin was telling them to calm down and Yoongi was grumbling under his breath about how noisy it is in the dorm.

"PLEEASE BEA"

"Teach me how to say I love you"

"How do I introduce myself?"

"JUST ATLEAST A PHRASE"

They've been following you nonstop all around the dorm for a few hours now and it's a small dorm so you don't have a lot of place to hide. You tried hiding in the bathroom for atleast an hour but Namjoon's bladder has other plans.

"Okay fine." after you said those two words, they stopped and looked at you expectantly. "Say 'manahimik kayo'" they tried saying that a few times and when they asked what's the meaning of that, you answered "Shut up" then walked away, leaving the other four in the middle of the hallway.