From Beyond The Grave

***Note: Portions of the dialogue will be in italics and you will understand why as you read. Unless otherwise advised, this is the only entry this will happen in. Enjoy! Xoxo Olga***

Dear Diary: January 8, 2014

I have to say our world as a whole continues to amaze me. Even with all of our mind readers and future tellers, there are still facets that are unknown and sneak up on us without any notice whatsoever. I'm sure you're wondering what it is that I'm talking about and why pray tell am I being so philosophical. Well, you know of the beyond extraordinary gift my wife bestowed upon me over the holidays. I have used every free moment I have to hide in my home office and read my father's diary or journal as it were. He wrote for many years and the journal is quite extensive.

He spoke of his life after marrying my mother; in fact it was she who had nudged him to keep a journal. Ironic, isn't it? Esme did the same with me. I didn't know what I would write would be fascinating but our lives are never dull, ordinary, or boring as you've all noticed. My father had also not thought his life was worth documenting but the journal in my hands was very full of his thoughts, a lot of which he never shared with me. As I read each page, I gained new insight into my father; it made me respect him more than I ever had before. At first he wrote about the happiness he had experienced with my mother and then of his sorrow when she passed. He made sure the journal contained all of his negativity and bitterness over her passing; he even said that he would rather fill up 100 of these journals with his sorrow then ever let me see it.

When I would go into my home office and close the door, very rarely would I be interrupted by members of my family. They knew what I was doing and left me be. We still had our holiday decorations up; we figured we'd take things down within the next week or so. So I had read yet another entry in my father's journal after which I got up and looked out the window at our snow covered backyard. I was lost in thought when I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I looked closely, there was nothing there so I shrugged it off and went downstairs to help Esme in the kitchen. We had a very quiet home as everyone was at their specific homes and only the occupants of our house were in it. The Denali's left 2 days ago to go back home.

That day went by quietly. The next morning I thankfully didn't have to work as we had residents up the wazoo at the hospital and Bill was showing them which end was up plus it was a quiet day; so Bill told me to enjoy myself with my family. I wasn't about to question him; hey don't get me wrong, I love my job but I love my family more. So I went back to my home office to read a little bit more of my father's journal and as I was walking around the room with it in hand, I happened to glance out the window and see the figure of what appeared to be a man in the bushes. There was something odd about him though and I couldn't put my finger on it.

What made it even stranger was that he was staring straight at me not just at the house. I left the office and walked downstairs and out the back door fast but not too fast to arouse suspicion from those in the house. When I had gotten outside and looked at the spot where the man had stood, no one was there. I looked around and I still had the feeling like I was being watched but I couldn't figure out from where. Then it's as if my body was motioned forward in a particular direction and into the forest in the back yard. I kept walking and walking until something made me stop. I turned around and there standing not even 10 feet away from me was my father!

I couldn't even form words as we stared at each other. The only thought I had was now I understood it was him the day before standing there watching me and also why he looked so odd; that was because he was translucent; I could almost see through him. I had to blink a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things; but regardless of how many times I blinked, rubbed my eyes, or even pinched my cold hard skin, he remained standing there. My father had come to me from beyond the grave; I was actually seeing a ghost! Finally, he spoke.