Blame

Dear Diary:  

January 15, 2014

"I know WHAT you are! And I will EXPOSE you to the WHOLE WORLD!"

We stared in shock at Jessica who was still standing there with that tape recorder in her hand. Just then immediately behind her, Rogue, Amy, and Corin touched down and the next thing we saw was that tape recorder fly out of Jessica's hand and into Rogue's.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." Rogue said as she vaporized the recorder and Jessica gasped.

"Y-you're not v-vampires." She stuttered staring at Rogue who smiled at her as if she was looking at a very stupid person. Which considering what Jessica had said and done wasn't smart by any means.

"No we're not. And you don't have to worry about who we are either." Rogue replied. Then she nodded at me.

We took the opportunity of Jessica's shock at the appearance of Rogue and the other two to have Jasper and Rosalie move on either side of Jessica not even caring about showing our lightning speed; which of course caused Jessica to all but shrink back. Both stared at Jessica with faces of ice; neither were the smiling type so they fit perfectly as the two "body guards" of our now very petrified human being. Bella had called Jacob on the cell phone and asked the wolves to hang back along with Nessie. They had been going for a walk in the woods behind the house. We didn't need more people to add to the confusion. And no one as hell was going to explain wolves or Nessie to Jessica.

At that point we escorted Jessica into our house; well escorted is a nice way of putting it. Rosalie shoved her forward with enough force to not even attempt of any retaliation on Jessica's part. Jasper's pissed off demeanor didn't change. Jessica gulped and took a shaky breath as she walked into what Edward later told us she thought of as 'the lion's den'. Rogue and the other two knew we could handle this and with a nod and a smile flew back home. We took her to the living which was immediately to the right of the front door. Most of the family was present as in Esme, Jasper, Alice, Rose, Emmett, Bella, Edward, and I. Now it was time to get some answers. Rose shoved her into a chair that Jasper had pulled out as the rest of us sat around the room. She wouldn't be able to run even if she tried though she did look for an exit at the very beginning. I could tell Bella was steamed but she let me have the first word so to speak.

"Jessica, what is going on?" She struggled with the answer that's when Bella just laid into her.

"Seriously, Jessica....what the fuck is your problem? You never liked me when we were in school and always pretended to be better than me. I get that you were jealous but seriously, grow the hell up! Now how dare you come here and threaten my family like this?" Bella was in her face a second later with the same lightning speed as the other two showed. Jessica's eyes grew wide then.

"You're a vampire too?"

"Yeah, so? What's it to you?"

"Out with it Jessica, we really don't have a lot of patience with people who threaten our family regardless of past history." I said calmly but strictly.

Just then, Jessica who had been staring at all of us except Jasper who frightened her too much put her face into her hands and started to weep. We were all taken aback by that. What just happened here? Wasn't she just threatening to expose us to the world? Edward was looking confused and said loud enough for us vampires to hear that her thoughts were going a mile a minute and he was having a hard time pinpointing anything. Then we looked at Alice who wasn't happy. While Jessica was sobbing into her hands, Alice explained: