Where's My Phone?

Dear Diary:        

                  September 24, 2013

Today we had a scavenger hunt of sorts. It wasn't the actual game. One of us actually lost something somewhere and couldn't find it. Even though vampires remember everything with impeccable detail, if something falls out of say a pocket while we're preoccupied, we may not feel it and then have a bit of a dilemma on our hands. Which is precisely what happened today. I was preoccupied with my NYT when Bella walked into our living room with a perplexed expression and asked:

"Where's my phone?"

We all looked at her puzzled; and by we all I mean all of us including all of the wolves, Corin and Keith. She, Edward, Rose, and Emmett had started their second year at Dartmouth. They had all tried to get their classes in the evening so that way they didn't have to deal with that off occasion of sunlight and skipping class. Today though no one had class and so everyone was just lounging around being lazy. Everyone that is except Bella who was now looking very confused in our living room.

"Well honey where did you last use it or see it?" Esme, ever the practical one, asked.

"That's the thing, I don't remember. I've been carrying it in my pocket a lot recently and then this morning I reached in to check if my mom called and I couldn't find it."

"That doesn't surprise me in the least. You've been wearing the same sweatshirt for like a week!" Alice said rather over dramatically while everyone rolled their eyes at her.

"Enough Alice. Now isn't the time for a clothing lesson; we need to help Bella find her phone. With her mom in New York, she needs to keep in touch with her." I said sternly putting an end to any bickering that might have started. Bella shot me a grateful look while Alice just grumbled something under her breath.

"All right well the best thing we can do is retrace your steps in the last few days. I'll ask if Rogue and the others could do a fly by in some areas of the forest as well; after all you did go hunting twice." Corin pointed out.

"And had classes, went to the grocery store, and took me to school the other day." Nessie added.

"That's a lot of ground to cover. Good thing we have so many people in the area; save for Maria and John that is." Keith said with a smile.

"Where are they?" Leah, who was sitting next to him, asked curiously.

"They actually have distant relatives who are also Watchers still living in Italy. They refused to leave the boot, so to speak. So every so often John and Maria pop in for a visit and this happened to be one of those times." Keith answered with a snort. Everyone nodded.

"So now what do we do?" Seth asked.

"Well, we need to split up into groups and go search all of the locations Bella's been to in these last few days." I replied.

"Sounds good. Rogue, Corin, the other Watchers and I will take the woods as that's the largest area and we can cover a lot very quickly." Keith said thoughtfully.

The others agreed and quickly started dividing places to go. Seth, Leah, Jacob, and Nessie were going to go back to their high school as classes were done for the day and see if they could find it there. Dartmouth being a massive campus and as Bella had classes in almost every corner of it, this required Alice, Jasper, Rose, Emmett, and Edward to go there. Esme and Bella decided to head to the grocery store and see if they could locate it there; perhaps someone had decided to turn it into the Lost & Found. I volunteered to stay home and search the entire house, Bella and Edward's cottage and around the outer perimeter of the house. Once we all had our "assignments", everyone got into cars, phased, or flew into the air toward their respectful locations.