Seth's Conquest For A Yes

Dear Diary: November 7, 2014

Last I wrote in here, we had learned that Seth had decided to ask Corin to marry him. First however, he had to buy a ring. He went along with Leah, Nessie, Bella, and his mom who was leaving after the proposal to get ready for the inevitable wedding. Alice for the first time couldn't tag along but she did write down some stores they could hit; Zales, Kay Jewelers, Jared's, and so forth. Seth was on a mission and everyone was excited for him. Keith knew what was up and the Watchers were getting back within the next day or two so he shielded everyone's minds when it came to the proposal. Before he would actually propose and once they got back home, he would also ask for Rogue's blessing as she was the Queen and also mother figure to Corin.

In the meantime, the above ladies went off shopping. Seth had in mind what he wanted to get her. Her fingers were long but slim so nothing too wide or large looking. It had to fit her and her personality. They went to Jared's first, then Zales and still didn't find anything. Then they went to Kay Jewelers that had a Neil Lane line available and that's where Nessie was looking when she thought she spotted the perfect one.

"Hey Seth, check this one out! It looks a lot like what you described." She exclaimed brightly. Everyone, including the salesperson crowded around where she was pointing. Seth peered into the glass case and gasped. It was perfect!

"Wow, Nessie....you're right. I think this may be the one. Can we please see that one?" He said to the salesperson that immediately retrieved the key and opened the case to reveal the ring.

"Oh wow, it's stunning." Sue said looking at the exquisitely made ring.

Seth held it in his hand and looked it over; it was white gold with incrusted diamonds and it looked both vintage and Grecian all at the same time. Given Corin's Grecian heritage, it was very important to Seth to incorporate that into her engagement ring. He knew her ring size from previously giving her a promise ring and thankfully the ring he was holding was the same size so he could just buy it right then and there and not worry about resizing.

Money was no object as the wolves bank accounts were overflowing ever since they moved to NH with us. They would never want for anything and that made Sue ever so grateful. Leah was doubly taken care of as was Seth having imprinted on Watchers with their own vast fortunes. Seth was very sure he got the right ring as the salesperson rang it up and it definitely hit the 5 digit mark. Neither Seth, Leah, nor Sue looked at the price for the first time. This was something that went beyond the dollar. It was about the future and happiness of one of the kindest souls any of us had ever known; Seth deserved everything including the ability to buy his mate the engagement ring of a lifetime.

Once the ring was in the box and in a bag, they returned happily home to show it off to the rest of us who were amazed at its simple yet magnificent beauty. It fit Corin to a T. Now it was time to set up how and where Seth wanted to propose. This time Alice was totally onboard. She was totally ready to help with Seth's conquest for a yes from his imprint. So he told Alice what he wanted and asked her to do it by the time Corin and the rest of the Watchers got home from their meeting at headquarters. Alice just rolled her eyes:

"Aww come on kid, don't underestimate me! I will make it absolutely perfect. I know what you want and what she will love. You just be ready to get down on one knee and say your spiel when it's time. The rest is all mine!" She finished and skipped off after her Intel pad thingy to draw out the layout for the perfect proposal evening.

Two days later, the Watchers returned to warm hugs and welcome homes. All of our thoughts were shielded except Rogue's who got the DL on the way back telepathically from Keith. Almost as soon as she touched down and after Seth and Corin were able to untangle themselves from one another, she nodded towards Seth and they inconspicuously disappeared into the woods while the rest of us distracted Corin.