Insanity

Dear Diary: June 3, 2013

Ashley was on the property. She was just caught by Rogue, of all people. Those were the thoughts whirling around in my head. We were thinking of running out the door to go see what was going on, but we were stopped by Amy. She walked into the room and, without saying a word, moved her arm in circular motion. Right before our very eyes a light appeared, which turned into what looked like a TV screen of sorts. We could see Rogue and Ashley facing off against each other. Amy was showing us what was happening through a portal. Not only could we see what was going on, but we could also hear them.

Rogue spoke first. "What are you doing here?" Her voice was as cold as ice.

"I—I . . . was waiting for Carlisle." Ashley's voice faltered. She'd never called me by my first name before.

"Oh, really? Well Carlisle isn't expecting visitors." Rogue's face was solid ice. She betrayed no emotion other than that of an ice cube. We knew that expression all too well.

"Well, he'll want to see me," Ashley said confidently.

"I highly doubt it. I think you've caused enough trouble."

"And what are you, his guardian or something? I don't remember ever meeting you. You don't seem like family," Ashley said cockily.

Wrong move.

"No, I'm not family. Nor am I his guardian. I'm the last person on planet earth you want to meet. The fact that I caught you here out of everyone else is actually too bad for you. You may have gotten away easier if it were someone else," Rogue sneered.

"Gotten away? From who? You? Please!" Ashley looked at Rogue as if she was speaking to a child and laughed. This was going to hell in a hand basket by the minute. Rogue was in her face in under a second. Ashley gasped by her super speed. Rogue towered over her. I had forgotten to mention that she was about six-foot-one. Alexander towered around six-foot-five.

Rogue then spoke through clenched teeth, her voice getting lower with each word. "Well, actually, I won't do anything to you. Physically that is. Though it would be incredibly satisfactory for me—and for Carlisle as well—if I crushed your fucking throat, you insane piece of shit. But you will get yours in due time. So while you still can, and before I change my mind, get the hell out of here!"

Ashley stared at her with wide eyes, as if she was staring at someone who was possibly even more insane then she was. Of course Ashley didn't really understand her own insanity. I was just hoping and praying Rogue's eyes didn't flash orange because at that point all hell would break loose. Ashley wouldn't stand a chance. Hell, she didn't stand a chance now! No one did. If we were all honest with each other, if we were ever to face off against Rogue, we'd be toast. Corin actually told us that one time Rogue got so pissed that she made a volcano erupt. Plus when Jacob asked what would happen if Rogue used all of her powers to their full potential, Amy said that she could destroy planet Earth. So no—I didn't want anything remotely close to any of that to happen because of someone like Ashley.

What was the most mind boggling was that Ashley was not leaving. She continued to stand there, staring at Rogue. Though to her credit, with Rogue's last speech, she took a step back. But then she did the dumbest thing anyone could do. With a wild cry, she hauled back and swung a punch at Rogue.

We all gasped.

Of course Rogue caught her fist without even really moving much. She then wrenched Ashley's arm behind her back and pushed her enough to have her hit the ground hard. Ashley fell with whimper. She looked at Rogue with real fear for the first time.