Loss

Dear Diary:                                                                   December 1, 2014          

            Now that we knew what we had to face, I was preparing for the inevitable. We never knew when Rogue returned because she didn't stay long, Alexander said she was preparing to kill Daihok. According to Alexander, Daihok loved to come and gloat over his "conquests" so there was a huge chance that he would appear when the time came with Nessie. How sick was that? We all shook our heads in disgust.

"Carlisle, you have to prepare your office to receive a serious emergency. And I would suggest you all go hunt just in case." I nodded.

        I knew what miscarriages looked like and there was usually a lot of blood. Even though Nessie was my granddaughter and family to the others and I could resist; I wasn't all that sure the others like Jasper or Rosalie could. Nessie, not wanting to hear any of this has been spending lots of her nights at her parent's house with Jacob at her side. None of them have left her side for more than an hour. She's been shaking from fear from what was supposed to happen to her as Bella with tears in her eyes, had been trying to calm her down. Even Sparkles never left her side.

        Meanwhile, we saw a brilliant flash that vanished as soon as it appeared and Amy explained that Rogue had hopped portals and took off to "the other side" to get something for part of her quest to kill Daihok. As Alexander liked saying it, 'she went down the rabbit hole.' We didn't know when she would be back, so we had nothing to do except hunt and wait. When the time came; Keith, Leah, Sava, and Sparkles were not going to be present because we fear that the smell of vampire blood may set off Sava's premature phasing. And the dog definitely didn't need to be in the middle of this.

        We went off to hunt leaving Bella, Edward—who had hunted earlier—with Jacob and Nessie. The rest of the family took off with a vengeance. We were so upset that we filled up extra with bears, cougars, and deer. Whatever had blood and was an animal, it was considered food. It helped soothe our never ending thirst and anger toward the taking of innocence. When we were finally done--it took a while--we ran back to the house to quiet. It was getting late; the Watchers were waiting for us. All was still quiet on our side. So then Jasper asked suddenly:

"What does this Daihok character look like?" Alexander looked thoughtful for a moment then replied.

"He looks like a cross between that skeleton looking thing from the '90s show 'Tales from the Crypt Keeper' and Rumpelstiltskin.  In any case, not particular pleasant looking; supposedly he was better looking as a deity before Zeus banished him." Everyone's faces kind of grimaced at that description.

"I would hope so, that just sounds butt ugly." Emmett mumbled. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"I don't care what he looks like as long as Rogue can kill him before he does any more damage." Seth said vehemently holding Corin's hand.

"That too." Alice agreed.

            We had settled in for the night, the Watchers didn't leave which meant they thought or knew rather that whatever was going to happen was going to happen tonight. For the first few hours everything was quiet. So much so that everyone started to relax; Seth even dosed off on the couch. Then suddenly there was a howling scream and everyone jumped to their feet. Amy looked painfully out the window.

"Here we go."

"Oh God no....." Rose moaned in distress. We were all frozen but then I snapped myself into gear and rushed outside.

            There I saw an unbelievable site; Rogue was flying towards the house at the speed of sound literally, holding Nessie. Nessie was clutching Rogue until her knuckles went white and grimacing in pain. Edward, Bella, and Jacob were running as fast as they could behind Rogue. Sparkles had been handed off to Leah so Sava could play with him. Rogue had returned just as she heard the scream and rushed to Nessie's side. She saw that Nessie was bleeding profusely and on the verge of losing consciousness so she scooped her up and flew to the main house.