A Day in the Life of a Puppy (Sparkles POV)

Dear Diary:                                                                       March 27, 2014

        ~Stretch~ ~Yawn~ Oooh it's morning again. The light is coming through and I am on the bed of my awesome Nessie. I mean I have my own bed but eh who needs that thing. I feel much more comfy rolled into a little ball with Nessie. She is so cute when she snores. Her dad wasn't too thrilled when I first jumped onto the bed with her but sorry pops you don't have any say in the matter! My Nessie! Hehehehe.

        Well it was time to wake her up so she could take me outside. I'm hardly big enough to open the door by myself. I mean I can bark and scratch but that's about it. When it comes to these human doors, I'm stuck. Nessie's mom wanted to install a doggy door but Nessie was afraid I'd run away into the woods and get lost. So we have to do it the old fashioned way. Oh well, you don't hear me complaining unless of course I have to do my biz and no one is paying attention to me. That could get a bit difficult. I mean one time they were doing whatever it is that these people do when they talk too much and I REALLY REALLY had to go....and well they weren't paying attention so I had no choice but to pee right there by the front door.

        I got yelled at by Nessie's dad who stuck my nose into my own pee. Big deal, I smell myself all the time; I'm a dog, duh! But Nessie had my back; she told her dad that if he wasn't too busy discussing whatever, they would have noticed that I needed to go ASAP! She rocks! I have the best owner ever! So anyways, as I'm recounting that wonderful experience ~NOT~ Nessie has woken up and is looking around the room. Time to go do my best job; lick! She starts to screech and giggle when I lick her face. It makes her wake up faster because she has nowhere to hide. I literally dig her out from under her blankets. You'd think I was going on an archeological dig or something!

        As soon as she gets up she bumbles around the room a bit looking like she had a little too much of something those people drink that's red or pink in glasses. I know she's still young and I heard her asking her dad to have a little sip of it before. She had one glass and looked so wonky. While she gets herself all dressed I'll explain a little bit about who I live with and like and don't like so much. Well for starters, I live with Nessie and her mom and dad who are pretty cool but they kiss too much. Ick! If you're going to do that, try licking! I don't get it. Even Nessie makes a face when they're all over each other. Then there's my biggest competition and his name is Jacob. He's a person but can turn into a wolf somehow; still working on figuring that one out.

        He gets all jealous when Nessie spends alone time with me. Well excuse you! I'm a puppy who deserves lots and lots of attention. That's kind of in my DNA. And he's this big hulk like person who just whines a lot when Nessie goes for a walk with me unless he is allowed to tag along. Please! Makes me wonder which one of us is more mature! ~Silly man~ Nessie teases him about it and I laugh too and then he says he'll eat me! Nessie has punched him in the arm a few times for being a child. You go girl! Arf!

        Anywho, then there are Nessie's grandparents and more aunts and uncles then I know what to do with. There are two wolf-people named Leah and Seth. Seth is very close to Jacob and is Leah's brother and Leah is best friends with Nessie's mom and just got married to Keith. Plus there's a group of people called the Watchers. They are led by like the coolest woman ever! And she's hot! I blush when I see her.....I mean if dogs can blush. Her name is Rogue and that's a warrior name as Nessie explained to me one night last year when I was still a youngin; she was writing an entry in her journal about her best friend Michelle (a junior Watcher) and some secret Michelle had that Nessie was worried about. That worked itself out.

        So here's the not fair part; everyone in this family—and I include wolves and Watchers as part of the family because everyone else does—has a significant other as they are called. I'm the only bachelor! How does that work? Nessie said I was too young but I mean....I'm still manly! I want a girlfriend. Too bad Rogue is married and I'm a doggy otherwise Alexander would have some serious competition. Hehehehe. So I guess I have to wait. My family decided not to neuter me because I may find a hot chick to have puppies with someday. Nessie's dad's only concern is that that hot chick isn't a raccoon. Hmmmmm; not too appealing.