Strange Vision

Dear Diary:                                                                         May 23, 2013

        I wasn't going to write until after the wedding of Kate and Garrett. But Alice came into my office the day after we received their invitation, with Jasper tagging along. She knocked on my door first.

"Come in," I said looking up from what I was reading.

"Hi Carlisle, am I interrupting you?" She looked at me with a frown.

"No, no, it's all right. What is it?"

"Well, Jasper and I have been planning our vow renewal as you know, and smack in the middle of it, I had a strange vision . . . it involved you." She seemed anxious.

"All right. Can you be a bit more specific?" I said slowly. Esme who was sitting on the window sill looked over.

"Well um . . . my vision had something to do with a new hire at the hospital. They're going to hire a new nurse and she's going to be helping you a lot."

"Well that's not surprising as the hospital is hiring a whole bunch of nurses and other staff. Is there a problem with one of these new nurses?" I pressed.

"I'm not sure; all I can see is the decision that has been made, but for some reason it just makes me uneasy," she said, unsure.

        I stood up and walked up to her, as she looked up at me; I bent down and hugged her. Though a total pain in the butt sometimes, she was a very caring individual and I loved this little pixie very much. As much as I loved all of my children. Jasper felt my mood and smiled understandingly.

"Thank you, Alice. I will be cautious around any strange new nurses. Did your vision happen to say whether perhaps she's an alien or something?" I winked at her. She giggled.

"Well let's see . . . in the past few months, we've gotten rid of the Volturi, met a new species of immortals, dealt with a crazy human who wanted to kill children, and faced off against a hybrid version of the Children of the Moon. So I guess anything really is possible. Though I don't want any alien invasions—that just sounds way too complicated," Alice counted off thoughtfully.

"You think? I kind of figure that with the Watchers on our side, even the aliens would run for the hills," Jasper added with a smile.

        We all smiled at that one. Jasper was right. The Watchers were a force to be reckoned with. And that's actually an interesting thing to ask them. They have been around for something like 3,000 years; in all that time, did they ever encounter any actual aliens? Forget the conspiracy theories, but you really have to be naïve to think that earth is the only inhabited planet in all of the cosmos.

        I know that Jasper was a bit interested in UFO's and all that other stuff so perhaps he can sit down with Keith or John who also seem to be UFO enthusiasts and ask them about the whole thing. Alexander being the oldest male Watcher may know more. The women are all kinds of don't want to know when it comes to that subject. I remember Jacob mentioning it once and Corin's reply was, "We have enough to deal with, without adding those things to the list."

And isn't that the truth?

        But other than this peculiar vision of Alice's, which may or may not have any merit in the future, we feel we've been cleared of any supernatural attacks—for now. The Watchers don't think the Children of the Moon will return as there aren't that many of them to begin with. I was surprised to see 15 on this continent let alone here in Hanover. Plus these were hybrids from what Alexander explained.

        They mated either with regular wolves or coyotes or possibly hybrids of the two as well to create their own supernatural hybrid. According to Alexander, the only way to kill the Children of the Moon, hybrid or not, was by burning them. Basically, the way that Rogue destroyed them was the way to do it.