My Turn (The Trial Part 2)

Dear Diary: June 25, 2013

Today it's my turn to take the stand. To show Esme how much it mattered to me that she was so supportive, I had two dozen red roses delivered to the house from ProFlowers.com. She was very pleasantly surprised and gave me a huge hug and kiss for them. She put one bouquet in the living room and one in our master bedroom. I was set to testify at 10 a.m., and had asked a few days before if it was possible for my entire family to be there during the process. Of course the DA made sure to reserve seats for them all behind him. Everyone in my family went that day including all of the Watchers. Talk about a group gathering.

In the first row behind the DA sat: Esme, Rogue, Alexander, Amy, Keith, and Corin. Second row were: Peter, Edward, Bella, Nessie, Emmett, and Rose. Third row were: Jasper, Alice, Leah, Seth, and Jacob. And in the last row were Michelle and her parents.

I was standing outside of the courtroom gathering my thoughts before being called. Esme and Rogue stood outside with me. Esme kept rubbing my back to sooth me while Rogue was trying to keep me calm. And surprisingly, I was. I knew what I had to do, what I had to say up there. The defense could try to discredit me all they wanted, but I wouldn't let them win. At exactly 10 a.m., the bailiff called me into the courtroom. I took a deep breath and followed him in.

Esme and Rogue walked in behind me and took their seats in the front row. I had one hell of a cheering section. I walked past the DA and defense tables where I knew she was sitting, staring at me. I walked to the stand where I raised my right hand and swore to tell the truth, and then was seated. I was wearing a suit and tie that morning. The DA got up first and walked up to me.

"Please state your full name and occupation for the court," he said.

"Carlisle Cullen. And I work as a doctor at Hanover Medical Center."

"Thank you Dr. Cullen. Can you please point out the woman who you knew as Ashley O'Donnell?"

I looked over at where she was sitting and pointed to her without blinking. She was wearing a flower dress with flats. Her hair was done nicely and she had make up on. She, however, was chained to both the floor and the desk. When I pointed at her, she blinked and smiled a hopeful smile at me. I directed my attention back to the DA, which, I could see out of the corner of my eye, made her frown.

"Please tell the court how you became acquainted with Ms. Cunningham?"

"Certainly. The hospital was in the process of hiring new staff, which included nurses. And while I was out for a few days on vacation, Dr. Connolly hired her along with 4 others who have already testified. My first day back from my vacation was when I met her along with the others. Ms. Cunningham and Ms. Clark were both to work for me while the remaining three nurses were taken up to the NICU."

"It was Ms. Clark who eventually became the object of Ms. Cunningham's rage and was attacked by her in the parking lot, isn't that correct?"

"Yes, that is correct."

"Only because she was trying to get between you and me! Don't you get it?" Ashley boomed from her seat, staring straight at me. Everyone looked at her like she had two heads.

The judge rapped his gavel. "Order! Ms. Cunningham, you are to remain quiet during these proceedings, do I make myself clear?" the judge asked, sternly looking at her.

"Yes, your honor," she said quietly while her attorney tried to quiet her down. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

"Continuing. Dr. Cullen, when did you notice something was out of the ordinary?"