Quiet Times

Dear Diary: May 15, 2013

So it seems like we've gone back to having quiet times around Hanover as well as around our house. We like times like that. When there isn't any drama or something bad happening. Charlie and Sue stayed with us for 4 days total. They spent most of the time with their children. The Watchers had been keeping to themselves and doing lord knows what. The only ones that had any contact with the Watchers were Seth and Leah as they had imprinted. Charlie got a chance to really spend time with Bella and Nessie because the former was done with her first year at Dartmouth. Even without Edward's help, she finished her freshman year with a 3.8 GPA.

Charlie was very proud of her for that; we all were. I wasn't worried about Edward, Rose, or Emmett's grades as they've already been to college multiple times. Emmett was happy with his 3.1 GPA and Bella got to tease him about how they should make a bet for next year to see who can get the highest one. Whoever wins gets bragging rights for the rest of the summer. Everyone except Rose--for obvious reasons--had their money on Bella. Nessie wasn't far off. Even with Esme teaching as opposed to a real classroom, Nessie was pulling in all A's in every class. Michelle was following close behind but there wasn't a competition with them. After all, Michelle has gone to high school many times over her 500 years as a Watcher and it was Nessie's first time.

Nessie wanted to get into Dartmouth as well; she figured we would still be living here 3 years from now. She had time to look around for schools because she was only finishing her freshman year in high school after all. Out of the wolves, Seth had the highest grades. Leah wasn't doing too badly either with only 3 C's on her last report card. Jacob was the only one slacking off. But Nessie has taken it upon herself to make sure his grades improve. His argument? He had eternity to do well in high school. Her response?

"You want to join me in college, don't you? Or should I just go alone?"

He couldn't argue with that one. There was no way in hell he would let her go off to college alone, especially with his jealousy streak. Corin and Keith were waiting for Seth and Leah to graduate from high school in order to join them in college. They'd both been to colleges around the world but it would be much more fun to go with their significant others now that they had them. Jasper and Alice have decided not to go back to school so when people at the hospital ask what they do for a living, I always say that they are in finance and that their jobs require them to travel a lot. Both know more than enough on the subject that if questioned, could have an intelligent discussion on everything from hedge funds to the stock market. Jasper is well versed in current events especially politics and Alice is a whizz with the stocks. I mean how do you think we ended up with as much money as we have?

New Hampshire recently did a census on richest residents in the state. Our family was at #2 and that was the tip of the iceberg, but the humans didn't know that. If they knew the real amount of our fortune, we'd probably rank one of the richest families in the world let alone the state. But who's counting? We're not. For us money is part of immortality. We need to be able to move around the world ever 5 to 7 years and with our ever growing family, money is a huge part of that. Recently, Alice and Amy sat down to discuss finances and from what Alice had gathered, the Watchers aren't poor either. In fact and though Amy didn't go into full detail, Alice figured out that their fortune is larger than ours. That's understandable, considering they've been around for something like 3,000 years.

For us that's not the most important thing. As long as everyone is healthy, happy, and safe; that's the most crucial thing. Now with the Volturi gone permanently, we don't have to worry about walking on eggshells with Aro's as Jacob calls it "bullshit". The Watchers are on our side and there are enough of them to make sure all of the vampires of the world behave. I kind of don't even want to imagine what would happen if the vampires don't. I remember.....we all remember what happened to the Volturi and how it happened. We've also witnessed a lot though nowhere near all of the powers the Watchers possess.