Medusa's Island

January 2, 2017

Dear Diary:

Happy New Year!!! 2017! Wow, can you believe it? Everything bleeds into one for us immortals but still, it's like wasn't it just January of 2016? I hope all of you had a happy, fun, and safe New Year. Ours was fun as we had a party here in Alaska. Emmett even shot off fireworks that were larger than most capitals of nations. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we melted some glaciers. We still had Ronan with us and though he kept to himself for most of it, during the fireworks, he did come out and look at them with awe.

The last week with us here, the only one of us that had gotten even the smallest measure of closeness to him was Jasper. We were amazed by that but as Jasper explained it, they bonded over military procedures. Even though Ronan's were light years ahead of Jasper's, the basic knowledge was the same. So it was Jasper who challenged Ronan to some hand to hand combat just to see how his strength stood up in our earthly dimension. Emmett assisted as he was the same as Ronan strength-wise. The rest of us minus the kids—as they still made Ronan uncomfortable—stood by and watched. I was as usual scribbling in my journals even though Ronan wasn't going to be part of our world for much longer. I was always fascinated by things that happened everywhere.

Besides, the other side was in a way a second home to us as well as the Watchers. We were known there by the Gods and respected and we had friends thanks to Rogue and the others. So anything we learned new especially in the field of medicine, was highly exciting to me. Ronan lost to Jasper just from lack of speed alone. But he and Emmett called it a tie after going at it for a long time. It was very interesting to see Ronan in combat. He had his own training and he put it to good use. Every time, he hit Emmett, it was like he punched solid rock and the noise it made was like a mudslide was starting. Thank heavens we're in the middle of nowhere!

It was after that exciting fight that Emmett went and set up the fireworks at exactly midnight. Ronan was compelled to join as he felt more accustomed to us now. That and the insanity that Emmett created with the fireworks were very worth watching. I think they were seen as far away as the continental US. Now we were into the New Year and it was time to head back to the other side and figure out this whole thing with Ronan and Medusa. Again we broke up into groups of who was going and who wasn't. Rogue made the decision to leave Corin and Keith behind. Two Watchers were mandatory at home; Corin though third in command, had just given birth and Rogue was uber protective and wanted to leave mother with child.

Instead, she called upon a Watcher we've only seen once and not since. Her name was Elmira and she was from Egypt. It turned out that she was 4th in command or an alternative if Corin couldn't be there. She was a beautiful girl in her early 20s even though she was chosen about 30 years before. She had jet black hair, dark brown eyes, and light olive skin. She was a bit shier then the other Watchers we met but Rogue trusted her so we didn't worry. So the group going through the by now very familiar rabbit hole were Rogue, Alexander, Amy, Elmira, Kim, Michelle, Ronan, Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Rose, Edward, Bella, and I. None of the wolves as they had human traits came just from the view of safety and it didn't hurt to have a protective home front.

Before we left, Nessie tugged at my sleeve and whispered something in my ear. She had me promise to do something for her before we left because no one knew how long we would be there; even with the time quirk. I gathered those required together and did the procedure. Then I told Keith and Corin to watch over everyone. The Watchers going, changed into their fairy clothing and Rogue was wearing her royal headpiece. With hugs and kisses, Rogue opened the portal and without looking back we walked through it and were soon spit out near Cupid's castle. He and the rest of the Gods minus Michael were already waiting for us. It was time to get down to business.