Alaska

Dear Diary:                                                    

December 13, 2014

So here we are! In Alaska at last! The main house post code updates and renovations looks like a royal palace but it's perfect (there's a picture of it above). The Watchers, as promised, 'poofed' all of the other houses to their new locations. The Denali's have their own private well, as well as a sewer treatment line that was installed prior to them moving to their house so we just routed all of ours to theirs so we would have water and heat in our modern houses and didn't need outhouses and such. Even though we were living literally in the middle of nowhere, we were still very modern and roughing it wasn't really on the agenda.

Since then, I have personally met with the town committee of Talkeetna, who reviewed my glowing recommendations from Bill Connolly as well as the board members of HMC and work resume and agreed that I would be the doctor for the town. They welcomed my enormous family with warm and open arms. They understood we liked our privacy and weren't even that put off or dazzled by our different appearance. They were very modest folk. Most preferred privacy as well. The old doctor moved back to Fairbanks to be closer to his grandkids. So I would take over his office but give it a very modern upgrade because when you walk into that place, you feel like you stepped into the 1970s and that's not how I work. I like my medical equipment to be state of the art. But I had plenty of time for that later.

As soon as we settled in, practically everyone we knew from Forks and La Push came up to visit and we had a party; thanks to Alice's planning. It was so nice to see Sue, Charlie, Billy, and the rest of the wolves and their mates. Emily was pregnant with her second child and she and Leah finally were on common ground. We were very close to them now geographically and could visit whenever we chose. They stayed with us for 3 days, just checking out our enormous house and the new majestic view that we had from the main Cullen backyard. The air was crisp from the fresh fallen snow. We had sold all or most of our cars and bought snow mobiles, 4 wheelers, and SUV's instead. Alice was sad to sell her yellow Lamborghini but she knew she couldn't drive it around here without getting stuck in a snow bank. Emmett was the only one who didn't have to sell his vehicle as his was a hummer but he did decide to upgrade it to the latest model. I just needed to drive something that wouldn't require a fork lift to get me out of 20 feet of snow later.

Once the visiting family left to go back to Washington, we just started to acclimate ourselves with the place. One day, we were all outside in the Denali driveway and noticed that all (save for Keith) of our Watchers were missing. As they take up a huge part of our new family, when all of them vanish, it's very noticeable. Leah raised an eyebrow to Keith who just smiled and said nothing, so something was definitely up. Sure enough about 15 minutes later, they all materialized in the driveway. Rogue and Amy stepped forward as did I.

"Is there trouble?" I asked concerned.

"Not at all." Rogue answered smiling.

"What's going on?" Emmett asked then for all of us because it was obvious they wanted to tell us something. Amy spoke up then.

"Remember how we all went to our Watcher headquarters around Halloween?" We nodded as she continued.

"Well it wasn't just to celebrate Rogue's 3,955th birthday and eat a cake larger than this continent." Amy said with a laugh as Rogue scrunched up her nose and smacked Amy in the arm.

"Her say what now birthday?" Jacob guffawed as we all did. Rogue was how old? Holy crap!

"Yep our fearless warrior queen is 3,955 years old. We finally looked through the Watcher records and archives to find out how old she really was because as you can imagine, after that long, you just don't really keep track anymore. But that's not what we wanted to tell you."