Our Woodsy Wedding (Sue's POV)

***Congratulations Angel Brock on winning the Charlie and Sue's First Dance as Husband & Wife Contest! Xoxo***

Dear Diary:                                                                              June 25, 2014

Morning:

Today is the day! And what a wonderful day it is! I'm getting married! I never thought in a million years that I would get married again. I was very happily married to the love of my childhood, Harry Clearwater for over 20 years. But as everyone knows, Harry passed away a few years ago and left me broken. With the help of my children, family, and friends, I was able to put the pieces back together again. One of those family friends was Charlie Swan who became so much more than a friend. I don't think either of us was looking for a relationship but it happened. One thing I know from living life is that when it comes to things like love; you don't choose it, it chooses you. You don't get a say in who you fall in love with.

Charlie was married before as well to Bella's mom, Renee who tragically died in a train accident last year. I know that Charlie never really loved Renee but that still didn't stop him from feeling immense sorrow over her passing. So through our losses and hardships, we found each other. Our children gave us their blessing when we first came out to them with our relationship. I think the supernatural aspect of things made us grow closer too. Charlie needed someone patient with him to understand the whole "need to know" thing. Plus once he decided on knowing everything, we went to visit our children and found out about the existence of the Watchers; the whole "need to know" for Charlie went right out the window. He was actually pretty good about the whole thing. It took a lot of blinking, grumbling, head scratching, and turning different shades of purple but he got over it. Silly man; I love him so much!

Speaking of, he was over at his house now getting ready as our family and friends were gathering from all over for our big day. When Charlie proposed on Christmas Eve, I have to say I was very surprised. I don't know but I totally didn't see it coming. You may think I'm a little dense in that aspect but you'd be surprised. We were both just so comfortable in our surroundings of dating and lives that I just never really gave it a second thought. It wasn't that I was against the subject but let's face it, I'm not a spring chicken anymore. I'm not going to be the bouncy red cheeked bride. That was my daughter's job and someday my son's girlfriend will do the same when they are both ready. I'm not even wearing a white dress. After going through things and Charlie and I decided that we wanted to get married outside in the woods and that became the theme of our wedding; woodsy.

I will be wearing a gray suit jacket with a matching skirt that goes to the knee. Charlie's wearing a gray suit with a green tie. Same for the groomsmen; my bridesmaids who consist of my sisters and daughter Leah as my maid of honor will be wearing brown dresses. Our colors are green and brown; the definition of woodsy. We planned everything ourselves and didn't want Alice's intervention because we aren't Alice's idea of wedding glory. I wanted to keep with the customs of my people but yet still be in the 21st century. A place Charlie was very blah about that part. I think he liked the 1970s best. Also after careful consideration and a discussion with our children, I had decided to sell my house and move in with Charlie. It didn't make sense for us both to have houses as I was already more or less living with Charlie prior to the wedding. Leah and Seth were a bit upset about it but they understood. Besides, didn't hurt to have some extra money in the bank. I was selling it to one of our neighbors for a very nice lump sum; he was going to renovate it and then his own daughter who just got married will be living there. So it will stay in the Quileute community.