The Sorceress

Dear Diary:                                                                    December 2, 2013

          Will our life ever be dull? Highly doubt it! While we were away at Emily's wedding, we got word from Rogue that an ancient evil had awakened. So as soon as we could we got back home. Corin who had been with us at the wedding was sheet white. Keith was puzzled because apparently he had never met this ancient evil. When we got home, we were greeted by an absolutely unbelievable site. There were Watchers everywhere and not just the ones that lived near and around us. In our front yard alone there were at least 2,500 Watchers. They were from all around the world and were of all different ages and races.

          Apparently when this evil woke up, it sent a shockwave around the world and every single one of the 1 million Watchers were put on alert. So whatever it was must have been the "big bad" if all of the Watchers were up in arms so to speak. Once we had unpacked, we had all gathered outside in our backyard as it was larger than our front yard and could fit the massive amount of people that were now in it. When I looked up at the sky, it had a very malevolent feel to it. The air was charged and it wasn't a pleasant charge by any means. All of the Watchers gazed at it periodically with a mix of concern and anger. Finally, Rogue appeared with Amy and Corin at her flanks as always. All three of them had very hard expressions on their faces; they were wearing the same dresses they wore the first day we met them the only difference was that Rogue had some sort of head piece on her head. It was Rogue that spoke.

"Thank you for gathering here on such short notice. I know many of you felt her awaken immediately as I did while for others it took a bit of time. The reason being is depending on how long you have been Watchers. Those of us like Amy, Corin, Alexander, and I who have been together since the beginning of our time, felt it instantaneously. Because the Cullen clan is such a big part of our family, it only makes sense for them to hear this story as well." Everyone nodded at us.

        They were all wearing very flowy fairy-like clothing; even the men. This was a very celestial looking meeting. But none of them looked silly. Hell, they didn't look real. They all looked like Gods or like they belonged in a dream. Edward read my mind and nodded in agreement. The scene in our backyard was just unreal. But even with their very soft appearance, you could tell these beings were warriors and not just some flimsy newbies. They could destroy a whole country without blinking. Some even carried swords. I felt like I was in a story of some sort. What Rogue said next, blew every story we ever heard out of the water.

"The evil that has awakened has a name and her name is Hestia after the Ancient Greek Goddess of Hearth. Hestia was born at the same time as the others and I were around; though we were older then her. Her mother saw her sweet face and hoped she would be a loyal sweet child and therefore named her Hestia because the Goddess was a virgin but a loyal one. There were temples erected in her honor all over our ancient land. Unfortunately, for her mother and the rest of the world, Hestia proved to be anything but angelic. She was a jealous, spoiled child, and that's what she grew up into as an adult. As I was older than she was, she was always seen in the background. I never gave her much thought. It wasn't until Amy, Corin, Alexander, and I were chosen to be Watchers that we noticed something was amiss."

        Rogue took a deep breath and then obviously staring into the very distant past, continued:

"Hestia was furious that she wasn't chosen to be a Watcher. She was livid. She yelled, she screamed, and when her anger fell on deaf ears, she started setting fires. She was especially furious that I was chosen as the Watcher leader. She was envious of me and of my relationship with Alexander though he was many years her senior. She was envious of Amy and Corin because I had chosen them to be my second and third in command. She was angry at the whole situation."