Getting to Know You

Dear Diary: October 23, 2013

So we've had Zafrina and Nahuel here for the last 4 days and boy has it been interesting. Zafrina has been spending most of her time with Bella expanding her shield and getting to know the Watchers especially Rogue. Nahuel meanwhile, has been getting to know Nessie and vice versa. I've been working steadily and the only piece of good news from the human world was that Charlotte gave birth to a beautiful baby girl whom she and Ben named Hope Elizabeth Palmer. We were all very happy for them and I saw the baby. She was very beautiful and looked just like Charlotte with those blue eyes.

But I digress. Nessie and Nahuel have gone on a few nature walks together. We trust Nessie but Nahuel is still a bit of a stranger so we asked for Amy to shadow them. Edward especially was worried. But Rogue's last message of 'do not interfere' has kept him from doing anything about it, though you could tell he's itching to all but lock her in her room. So according to Amy, this is how their walk went:

As they were passing a brook or a stream about 3 miles away from our house, Nahuel asked Nessie if she would just sit with him by it. She agreed; they sat like that just looking out over the water for a few minutes before Nahuel spoke finally.

"I'm very glad I came here. I was very nervous to tell you the truth." He said blushing.

"Really? Why?" Nessie asked puzzled.

"Well last time I was here, things were a little different. A lot more tense. And now everyone is very relaxed. Plus the addition of the Watchers. I still can't understand how they exist."

"They're something else, aren't they? You should of seen how they kicked the Volturi's butt! Michelle is my best friend and if I ever have a problem where I can't talk to anyone including Michelle about, I have a one on one with Rogue. Last time we had a talk, she flew me to the top of a mountain. Now that was cool."

"Is or rather was she even ever human?" Nahuel asked regarding Rogue.

"Funny you mention that, grandpa Carlisle also wonders the same. She doesn't really look like one, does she? But apparently she was. She promised that they will tell us their story one of these days when there's some quiet time and no drama. We can't really live without drama as supernatural beings." Nessie said.

"That's true." Nahuel said thoughtfully then he remembered something and reached into his pocket and pulled out a bracelet made from wood and a stone that Nessie had never seen before.

"I made this for you before I left. You can make it, bigger or smaller. And I remember your eye color so I thought it would really bring out your eyes." He said handing Nessie the bracelet as her eyes grew wide.

"Oh wow, Nahuel......it's stunning! You didn't have to do that." She whispered.

"I know I didn't but I wanted to. You're a very beautiful young lady and I couldn't just come empty handed. Besides, getting to know you these past four days.....I feel like I've known you forever. And it's so cool that I'm actually not related to you." He finished with a laugh. Nessie giggled at that last part as well.

That was true. Nahuel's father the great and powerful (in his own head) Joham, had decided he wanted to create a new race with hybrids that could assimilate easier in society and still could kill humans at the speed of regular vampires. What most people didn't know was that when the Volturi had found out about him that first time they came to visit us, they had in fact paid Joham a visit but instead of killing him like they told us they would, they made a pact with him to create as many of these hybrids as possible but so they could join the Volturi when and if needed.