Ferguson

Dear Diary: July 9, 2013

I felt like I was rooted to the spot. Before me stood the vampire who had turned me that night so long ago when I had been hunting him with my group of vampire hunters. He must have thought he killed me. I never for a moment thought I would see him again. I focused on the new arrivals. The one who was staring at me and who first spoke said:

"My name is Ferguson. Looks like I didn't do such a great clean up job all those years ago as you are still alive, and have a whole brood of golden eyed freaks!"

"What do you want from us? Why are you here?" I asked point blank. It was obvious, this wasn't a social or positive visit.

"To finish the job. My friends here and I are or were good friends with the Volturi who seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth when they came here months ago. We were told about you and your 'vegetarian' bullshit lifestyle and that you had a bunch of gifted members. Not as gifted as us of course." The others with him laughed.

I looked at Edward who was looking very concerned indeed. As was Alice who looked a bit frightened.

"Their plan is to destroy you, Carlisle, then move on to us by having Nessie for dinner and dispatching the rest of us one by one." Edward said.

"So you're the mind reader. Well read this.......we are unstoppable, we are invincible. So might as well just give up and go quietly."

The wolves growled menacingly and tried to take a step forward, as did Jasper and Emmett but found that they couldn't. Apparently, one of the vampire's gifts was to root people in their places. Bella's attempt to stretch her shield around everyone was futile as their gift was of the physical form as opposed to the mental. So now my whole entire family was helpless and I wasn't even standing near them.

We did have two Watchers with us at the time; Corin and Keith who were watching them with intense expressions. They were the only ones still being able to move but not giving it away, as apparently these cocky vampires have never heard of them and they didn't want to give them any more advantages. What happened next, no one in their wildest dreams expected even the Watchers who knew it all. Ferguson, without waiting for anymore conversation, launched himself into the air at me so fast; I couldn't even follow it with my keen vision. The next thing I knew or felt rather was tremendously intense pain in my right arm. When I looked at it, to my horror, it was gone! My right arm was torn away from my body and Ferguson who was standing a little ways away was holding it and juggling it with a laugh.

I collapsed to the ground with a guttural groan, my eyes going blurry for the first time. I heard Esme screaming my name in the background but I couldn't even focus on my wife. I have never felt such pain since the night Ferguson bit me to turn me. I tried to get up and focused on the horrified and agonized faces of my family. Esme was screaming and dry sobbing.

"Oh look, your little wifey wants to be with you. Don't worry baby....once I'm done with your pathetic mate, you can be my wifey, how does that sound?" Ferguson cackled gleefully staring at Esme with a hunger that made me want to throw up.

"You will not touch her." I said but my voice was weak and feeble which made him laugh even harder. Esme looked at him in fear.

"Or what? What will you do? See, my gift or power is that I have the strength of a newborn but the mind of a seasoned veteran, so I'm invincible to you stupid freaks!"

His companions waved their hands like get on with it already. Ferguson nodded at them and then moved a little ways away to launch himself at me again. I had never been this scared in my whole vampire existence. But just as he flew into the air, something got my attention; Corin and Keith's eyes were glowing stark white. Ferguson's companions noticed it as well but it was too late to warn him. He had already launched himself at me for a second blitz attack.