What a Trip!

Dear Diary: August 5, 2013

What a trip! Hi everyone! We're back home and incredibly happy! I have so much to tell you. Rogue's Isle is just indescribably beautiful. There are photos in the album I'm as well as below which will show you exactly what I mean. But let me start at the beginning. The day we got there and after we had unpacked, we chose rooms in the massive mansion on one side of the island. Here's a play by play of our trip.

Day 1:

We went exploring. It turned out that the island had different wave patterns. One side had little to no waves while the other had some waves so of course since we weren't much for boring things, most of the time we stayed on the side where there were waves. It definitely was funny to see the wolves and their imprints diving in and out of the waves. They weren't big but every so often a wave would slightly obscure the horizon and the kids had to jump a bit to avoid getting buried in water.

We found the bungalows Alexander was talking about as well. He wasn't kidding when he said that if we wanted to have a romantic time away from the main house with our mates we could literally all fit elsewhere simultaneously. The bungalows were mainly located on the side of the island which had almost no waves. The best part was that you could see the sunset from every part of the island as well as the sunrise.

We also located our respective food sources which meant we didn't have to travel to any of the other islands in the Maldives to go hunting. There was a lot of yummy fruit as well for the non vampires and heck we could eat it now too. The main house as Alexander called the massive mansion was the center of all of our activities. But that first day was spent just exploring every inch of the island so we knew exactly what we wanted to do all of the other days.

Day 2:

So on the second day, we went hunting the first portion of the day and the second portion we spent on the beach. The Watchers were lucky in the sense that they could get a tan and look pretty good with one. The wolves were already tanned but could get darker; unlike the rest of us that just sparkled like a zillion diamonds. When you stuck all of us on the same beach we looked like a giant glowing disco ball! The Watchers though didn't seem to mind.

Hunting was uneventful but much more fun than at home. I mean here we were hunting and running amongst palm trees and waterfalls that were like 3 stories high. Not at all like the little brooks and rivers back home. Running up palm trees was fun too. We had a contest to see who could run up the trees faster. Guess who won? Esme! She even beat Edward; now that says something! My beautiful, amazing, unpredictable, mischievous, daredevil of a wife. The prize was the first choice of bungalow for the romantic getaway with their mate; so I'm glad Esme won because that meant I got to go with her.

At the beach later in the day, we laid out in the sun and sparkled away while the wolves and their imprints played in the surf. As Corin was the most pale out of all of the Watchers, she was applying SPF 50 to herself; according to Rogue she had a tendency to burn to a crisp but still loved being in the sun. Rogue and Amy had a better chance of getting a tan as opposed to burning as they weren't as fair skinned. Alexander was a combination of both while Keith was as tan as the wolves so he was trying to wrestle Jacob in the surf while simultaneously trying not to get knocked over by the waves. Whoever got buried by water first, lost. It was pretty even keeled I'd say. Seth was the referee while Leah and Nessie just swam around the guys rolling their eyes every so often. Women......go figure.

The rest of us were on the beach watching the action in the water with a smile. Finally Bella replaced Nessie in the water with Leah and the two of them swam pretty far out. I think they are now attached at the hip; even more so than Michelle and Nessie. On the one hand I'm really glad that Leah and Bella have developed such a strong bond but on the other hand, seeing Alice's pout every time she's left out of the excursion is kind of sad too. Bella doesn't do it on purpose but she has much more in common with Leah then with Alice truth be told and Alice knows this.