Train

***Note: I would like to first and foremost to thank my old friend Krystle Leigh Monaco for coming up with the title for this entry and as well the how of things that you will all read below. We've known one another since elementary school. When I first asked for ideas when putting this plot together on my personal account a month or so ago, hers made the most sense. So thanks again dear! xoxo Olga***

Dear Diary:

September 26, 2013

We all stood frozen and it seemed like the words that came out of the detective's mouth were coming out in slow motion or in an alien tongue. They could see that we were all in shock and probably hadn't even heard what they had said.

"May we come in? It would be better if Mrs. Cullen was sitting down.......if all of you were sitting down in fact." Detective Pierce said. I nodded once and ushered them in along with Rogue who just appeared very quietly behind them and moved in such a way where they wouldn't even see her. Once seated, they took a deep breath each and detective Pierce tried again:

"Mrs. Cullen, I regret to inform you that your mother, Renee Dwyer was killed accidentally by a subway train yesterday in New York City."

He waited until that had sunk in. We were too still; too inhuman so some started breathing just to take the load off Bella whose eyes were bugging out of her head. Her mouth was hanging open mirroring the reactions of the rest of the people in the room as Jasper tried really hard to radiate calm; but he was barely succeeding and not with Bella anyways. She was sitting like a block of granite, trying to grasp what was just said. Edward and Leah were sitting by her side and both put their arms around her. Leah's eyes had already filled with tears; I could also hear Nessie sobbing in another corner of the room. It was her sobs that brought Bella back from whatever trance she was in.

"H-how did.....th-th-this.....happen?" Bella stammered out in a whisper.

"All we know right now is that the man we assume is her husband Phil pushed her in front of the oncoming train. She was standing too close to the edge but he definitely pushed her as a lot of witnesses verified that statement. They saw him do it and then seconds later as the train screeched to a stop, he grabbed his head, fell to his knees, and started screaming. People called the police and after looking through your mother's purse and phone, which was amazingly intact, found your number. We have been trying to call but kept getting the answering machine. So we found you using other databases for all the Bella Cullen's living in this country and you're the only one. We're very sorry for your loss." Detective Pierce ended with a very sad tone.

"Has Phil been arrested?" I asked. I figured Bella had a lot to process in such a short time so I let her do just that.

"He has been taken to the Bellevue Hospital Psychiatric Ward; we don't think he's in his right mind at the moment if at all. That is as much as we can tell you as this is still an ongoing investigation. But we will let you know as soon as the investigation is concluded." Detective Sanders answered.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rogue's eyebrows come together and she frowned a bit. I half raised my eyebrow at her and then heard her voice in my head: "They're lying. They know more than they are letting on. All my years with the feds taught me to spot a lie even within law enforcement. They won't say much else though so don't ask them. I'll take care of it." I wasn't sure what she meant by that but I just turned my attention back to the two detectives still sitting rather uncomfortably in our living surrounded by our family, most of whom were sobbing at the moment; at least the women were.

"So what happens now?" I pressed.

"Now, we need Mrs. Cullen to come to New York to identify and claim the body. It should be released from the medical examiner's office within the next few days." Detective Pierce replied.