Kate and Garrett's Wedding

Dear Diary:                                                                        May 25, 2013

          Wow! What a wedding! Tanya, Kate, and Carmen put together a simple but elegant Alaskan white winter wedding. No extravagance, just elegance. I know that Alice probably would have made it really spiffy but I think it fit both Kate and Garrett's style. They invited the Watchers as well, and therefore had a cake. I've put all those photos in the usual album for you to gander at. We were asked to wear regular formal clothes, no crazy themes here. Though from what I gathered, Alice and Jasper's vow renewal does have a theme, and it more represents him than her—so that should be interesting.

          On Saturday, when we all arrived early in the morning, Garrett and Eleazer were putting together the aisle and reception areas. We men quickly pushed up our sleeves and moved in to help, while the women went to help Kate get ready. The wolves, their imprints, Edward, Bella and Nessie had come straight from Forks. Rosalie and Emmett had gotten there a day before us and had helped with the majority of the setting up. Rosalie had her massive manual camera ready for the photos.

        Amy and Peter traveled with those of us coming from NH, and the Borelli clan came from Oklahoma. The only ones not coming to the wedding were Rogue and Alexander, as they were still in Greece and from what we heard, Rogue still needed the time out. Kate and Garrett understood perfectly. Especially, after they heard what had gone down with the Children of the Moon.

          OK enough boring stuff, Alice is sitting next to me and pestering me to get to what she calls "the good part", in other words, lots of gushing about the wedding details. As soon as I wrote this, I got the full stink eye, tongue sticking out look from our darling pixie. All right, all right, she's threatening to take the diary and write it herself. Women . . . sheesh!

        So what was I saying? Oh yes, winter white wedding or some version of that. Everything was being held outside and Eleazer had gotten himself a certificate online saying he can marry them. They didn't want a justice of the peace.  The aisle was very basically decorated with flowers and the arch was made out of tree limbs and also decorated with flowers. The chairs were made out of wood. The groom and groomsmen (Garrett had asked Jasper, Edward, and Emmett to be his groomsmen) had very basic suits with purple ties, though Garrett's tux appeared to have a bit of black velvet on the jacket. The bridesmaids (Tanya being maid of honor, Carmen and Bella as the bridesmaids) were wearing knee-length light purple dresses with a deep V in the front. And Kate's dress was very form-fitting, with lace embroidery. It didn't have a train. Alice did her makeup while Rosalie did her hair. It was up in an up-do, very similar to what Amy had—just without the flowers and the back was done in a French braid.

        The bouquets of the bridesmaids were white roses, tulips and baby's breath, while the bride's was the same but with red roses and reddish-orange tulips.  The reception was held in their big ballroom/living room and it was decorated with fake white trees that looked very whimsical, with lights glimmering—but you couldn't really tell where they were coming from. The cake was violet with what looked like cushion buttons all around it and white edible tulips all strategically placed. That way the cake wasn't just feminine but had a lot of masculine touches too.

        Unlike Amy and Peter's wedding, Kate and Garrett wrote their own vows. So then we all ran off to our respective places to get ready. With vampires and Watchers it took under 10 minutes to get ready; the wolves were a different story. They took something like 30 minutes to  1 hour to do so. Leah took the longest, but Bella and Nessie helped her. It seemed that Leah and Bella were spending more and more time together. We heard that while both were in Forks/La Push respectively, they went to the movies together and had taken an afternoon to go hiking; just the two of them. Edward told us that they had gotten back in such good spirits that they said that once we all got back home, they'd find a path to hike there and make it a regular outing for them. Even clumsy Bella was actually enjoying the activity, more so, ironically, than when she did it with Edward.