A story to be told

I walked up to Christopher and wrapped my arms around his waist. I knew that he was very emotional, but I did not know the depth of his emotions. Who is he, and what is he exactly? What happened to him, and where exactly did he come from. His manner of speaking, and the way he was dressed when I first met him, hints that he is from another era. Medeival times.

My warrior tried to hold himself together, but I could hear him choking back sobs. He pulled away from me and walked a few feet away, just staring off into the clear blue sky. I dropped on the lush green grass, and waited until he was ready to join me and explain what was on his mind.

What if he tells me about himself and I do not like what he reveals? I looked around me, there was no where to go should that happen. Now that I think about it, I do not really know him at all! What if he is a mad man, like I thought from the begining, and my life was at risk?

At that moment, Christopher turned around, looked at me, and narrowed his eyes and sighed. Then he drew his attention back to the rich countryside.

I looked across the plush, green grass that stretched hundreds of miles across the land, I saw what Christopher was looking at. About a half mile away, there was a huge castle in ruins, with what once could have been thousands of acres of gardens, farms and forests, around it. The dramatic landscape was breathtaking, even now, and I am almost sure that somehow, Christopher is connected to this area, in some way.

I sat quietly observing my lover, knowing that all this around me is a part of the man that I love. He had his back to me, but I know that he is silently mourning his past. Was there perhaps another woman that he may have loved and cared for, and somehow he lost her? Jealousy coursed throughout my entire body at the thought of him loving another. I want to be his one and only love! But with the way he looks, that might be impossible. There were probably many maidens before me. I sighed, and waited.

At that moment, Christopher turned and walked to where I sat and he dropped down besides me. He reached out and grabbed me, and pulled me onto his lap.

"I have never loved another, and I never will! You are my one and only love. We are soulmates Bella." he said in a deep, hoarse voice.

I looked away from him, scared that his words were nothing but a way to keep me until he had his fill of me. Then if he discards me, where would I go? I know in my heart that I can never love another! I would be his slave if I had to, just to be near him.

"Look at me Bella!" He demanded, "I love you!"

And my heart pounded in my chest. He just told me that he loves me! Could it be true, does he really love me? Could I be that lucky?

And I looked up at him just as he brought his lips down to mine, and kissed me passionately, leaving me breathless. I held on to him never wanting to let him go.

It was a while later, while I still lay in his arms, that I said softly, "Tell me about yourself, Christopher. I want to know everything about you."

"I will tell you, but I already know that you will have a hard time believing me." he said.

"Tell me anyway, you cant possibly know what my reaction will be. By telling me, you will be helping me to understand you better. if I am to be a part of your life, I want to know absolutely everything!" I told him, hoping that he will be willing to share with me a piece of his life.

Christopher sighed, and said, "Very well, I will tell you, but you must hear me out with an open mind. Is it a deal?" he asked.

"Yes, I promise, I will accept what ever you tell me as the truth." I said, eagerly waiting to hear his story.

AUTHORS NOTE: thank you for your votes and comments. xoxoxoxoxo