My one true love

The look she gave me ripped my heart in two. She was mad. I stood frozen, not able to move. These feelings are new to me. I have never felt this way before. Five hundred years of life and no one ever has had any kind of effect on me. I took pride in the fact that I was untouchable, and now, just looking at her, I felt a rush of heat in my loins, desire that burned and torched its way straight to my heart. My knees were grew weak and my hands started to shake. What the fuck is going on with me?

I took a few steps closer to the bed and opened my mouth to speak and no words came out. Suddenly sweat burst out all over my body, and I was struck with fear. Fear of losing her, fear of rejection, fear of her not loving me enough. I looked down at her, and my heart became liquid fire. I was overwhelmed with love for her.

I love her.

I sighed, how do I tell her of my feelings in my heart? will she even believe anything I say?

I bent over and untied her hands, and immediately she pushed her body away from me. I then unshackled her ankles and I winced at the marks they had made on her velvety skin. Elizabeth quickly dragged herself as far away from me as she could. Had she stuck a sword in my heart it would have hurt less.

Looking at her I realized that I did not take good care of her. No wonder she hates me. I would give my life just to know what is running through her mind at this time. Is she blasting me to hell? Is she wishing the pox on me? Her eyes looked cold and fearfull.

My heart swelled with love for her, but I dare not tell her this now. May hap it would be better if I allowed her some time to recover. I could get Mary to come to her aid. Prepare her for all that will come to pass. I will send for a hot bath, and some clothing, something that I should have down from the start. I will tell her of my love for her later.

Chicken! The little voice squeeked inside my head, and I growled with anger.

Elizabeth screamed with fear. Alarmed I ran out of the room as fast as my feet could take me, slamming the door behind me shut. Who have I become? Everyone feared and respected me, all my life I have been praised and worshipped by my people and now I have become a weakling.

Love. Tis a beautiful powerful feeling, I whistled as I walked through the great hall and the echo bounced throughout the walls and the warriors, ladies of the court and the servants all turned to look at me and I died from embarrassment.

I growled out loud and everyone scrambled to their duties. I must not reveal my feelings to anyone, because I do not want to lose their respect. Everyone knows me as a strong, and powerful

Druid, Laird of Brodie castle. Only my brothers and Mary can know whats in my heart, they will not judge me, they will help me.

I knocked on Marys door and she opened it and stepped asside and motioned for me to enter. "Did you tell her?" she asked with concern.

I sighed, "No Mary, I did not. I feared she would not believe me. I think she hates me." my heart twisited when I mouthed those words. I walked over to the huge window and looked outside. "You must help me win her love." I did not see her face, my back was to her, but I heard her sigh.

"How much damage have you done Alexander?" she said angrilly.

I turned and faced her. "I fear I hurt her deeply. I do not know what to do, I need your help, please Mary." I said desperately.

"I will help you, but you must do exactly as I say! It is crucial that she falls in love with you. Time is running out Alex!" she said in a firm and unwavering voice.

"I know that Mary." I told her, and I sat on her bed and waited for her advice. She was wise beyound her years. She was beautiful, energetic, and betrothed to my younger brother, with my blessings.

Mary gave orders to the servants to take a tub to my chambers and fill it with hot water and lavender. She also told them to find a gown for Elizabeth. Then she gave me an accusing glare, and I found myself once again feeling like a culprit.

I sat on her bed for two hours listening to her advice on how to win Elizabeths love. I knew in my heart that I would do everything she said and more. I would walk on fire if I had to! I love Elizabeth and I will have her!

Walking back to my bed chamber, my excitement grew and I smiled to myself, knowing that no matter what, she is mine and I will do everything in my power to win her over. Standing outside the huge wooden doors to my room, I took a deep breath and pushed open the doors and walked in.

Elizabeth stood before me, looking stunning in a Grecian style, white gown that showed off her round breast and soft curves. Her hair, thick, black wavey locks, cascaded down her back. Her black eyes sparkled, and her plump lips looked strawberry wine.

Once again I was lost for words. She took my breath away.

AUTHORS NOTE: thanks for reading my story, I hope you found it enjoyable. please take the time to vote and comment. Thank you kindly for your support. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo