Hurt not my heart, for I shall die of pain.

Alexander stood silent for a few moments, and I saw torment in his emerald eyes. He took a sharp inhalation of breath, and his harsh expression softened. "No matter what I say, no matter how bad it sounds, I want you to know that its not what it seems. I will love you with every breath that I take to the end of times." he said hoarsely.

I could almost feel the rapid thumping of his heart across his broad muscled chest. I met his troubled gaze and saw the hurt in his eyes, as his eyes pleaded for me to understand and forgive what he was about to tell me. I braced myself for whatever will be revealed to me.

My lover took a deep breath and began, "Thousand of years ago, You and I, when we were still souls, we fell in love. When we touched each other our bodies connected like magnets, it was powerful and all consuming. All were jealous of our love. It was like no other." his voice started to break, and his tone dropped to a huskey whisper. "We made love with wild passion, our love weaved itself and threaded into our hearts and two hearts became one. We are soulmate Elizabeth!"

I was left speechless with the beautiful way he explained everything. But was he just a poet and nothing more? Why can't I remember this love he speaks of? "How can I believe that you speak the truth Alexander, the world I come from, people do not fall in love overnight, and when they do fall in love, it never lasts, nothing last forever! that is why I was still a virgin, I was afraid to give myself to someone that will eventually leave me." I said, desperately wanting him to prove to me that our love is different and real.

There was a bittersweet smile playing on Alexanders beautiful lips. His eyes were emotinal on the verge of tears. "The dark forces wiped clean your memory with dark magic. Our love was so powerful, the dark ones were scared of us. Me and you together, when we connect, our love is so strong that it creates a power all on its own. Its a force that builds and expands and its iron clad. No thing and no one can stop it, not even us."

I didn't believe a single thing he said! it sounded like a fairy tale.

"You dont believe me, I can tell." he said hoarsely. "When the dark ones removed your memory of our love, our connection got lost in the universe. I searched for ever to find you but had no success. I came back to earth in Druid form to find the Emerald tablets, there are many spells in the Tablets, I only needed one. The spell that would defeat the dark ones, and break the spell they had cast over you. I wanted to restore your memory. I could not exist in a world without you Elizabeth, I have lived in torment for five hundred years waiting for you. The Tablets have been stolen, but not before I memorized the spell to bring back your memory." he sighed, taking a deep breath and I knew that his next words would have an impact on me.

"I etched the magical words in my heart of hearts so I will not forget them, Mary had told me that it would be hundreds of years before you came here. I waited patiently for your return. When you saw me, I know some part of you remembered, but a very small part, that is why you fell in love with me instantly, and you gave yourself to me. Your mind is blocked from the memories , but some memories are pushing through. If you allow me, I can say the magic words and restore all your memories, I would have done it sooner but I wanted your consent first." he said, waiting patiently for my response.

"And why is our love so powerful and like no other? what seperates us from the rest of the world?" I asked, trying to make sense of all this.

"Our love was so strong that we said our vows while in soul form. Once the vows were said, they cannot be broken, and two souls become one. No one has ever done that before while they are in soul form. They usually take their time and say their vows in human Druid form, but we felt differently, we wanted to take our vows right away and we did and we defied the laws of the universe, and the dark ones gained strength from our betrayal to our anscesters.

"How can our love be a betrayal? What harm was there in falling in love with each other?" I asked, needing to know everything.

"Your family in soul form, had promised your hand in marraige to my older brother, you two were chosen by the clan to marry, but you and I had already been in love way before my brother ever met you and fallen in love with you. Your father was angry that we defyed the laws and seeked revenge." he said angrilly, casting a dark glance at James.

"Father is this the truth?" I asked, and looked up at him expecting a denial of all this nonsense, how could such things exist? 

"Tell her the truth James! Explain to her your part in all this, tell her how you destroyed her just to avenge me! Tell her how you made a deal with the dark forces just so you could split us up!" he yelled. Tell her what the deal was James! tell her!"  

AUTHORS NOTE: Hello my dear fans, thanks for reading my story, please please please vote, thank you from the bottom of my heart!! and comments are greatly appreciated too.  :)