I will sell my soul

I marched out of my chamber feeling like the weight of the whole wolrd was upon my shoulders. My stubborn wife was not bevaiving and fear struck my heart, knowing that she will insist on fighting with us during the battle. I must find James, mayhap he would be able to convince her to do as I say, because if anything happens to my wife, I might as well end my life here and now!

I crashed opened the doors to the private library, and saw my three brothers, and Mary all gathered around James who held the Emaerald Tablets in his hands. Slamming the door shut, I roared angrilly and flew across the room knocking everyone out of my way as I snatched the Tablets out of James hands.

"How dare you have the Tablets all along while I have searched the world for them!" I yelled. "Do you have any idea the stress you have cost me?"

"You peice of shit, the only stress you have is trying to figure out when you can screw my daughter next! I am the one with the stress! She is my daughter and I will peirce my heart with a sword before I will let you have the Tablets!" James yelled, and he grabbed the Tablets out of ALexanders hands.

I was angry out of my mind. I punched James square in the face and as the Tablets dropped out of James hands I grabbed them and barked. "Touch these Tablets again and I promise you I will kill you with my bare hands!"

Colin, Tristen and Brendan, all jumped inbetween the two of us to keep the peace, and Mary walked around all of us and gave us a piece of her mind. "Stop acting like little children and grow up! Do not add salt to the wound." she hissed. "We should all be on the same side, but instead, I see a house divided!"

Out of thin air Christopher appeared and he looked like he was ready to kill someone. "Grandfather! You have always been against my father even while you were still in spirit form! Do not ever get in the way of my parents again!" he yelled.

James narrowed his eyes, "Christopher, you have no idea what you speak of! Your father will be the cause of your mothers death if we do not stop him!"he said angrilly.

"You are wrong grandfather." Christopher said, his voice dropped to a lower tone, and he had everyones undivided attention.

"There is nothing you can do to save my parents. The Twelve Council said that their death is anavoidable." he said with a cracked voice. "I begged and even threatened them, but they said that their fate is sealed."

There was dead silence in the room when Christopher delivered the news. The hurt speared right through my heart and twisted until I could not breath. All eyes fell on me.

"I dont care what happens to me, but please, we must find a way to stop death from claiming your mother, Christopher." I said as the tears fell. "There must be a way, take me to The Twelve Council, mayhap I can convince them that she must live

"Father don't you think I have done that? There is nothing the Council can do. It is written in the laws of the universe that she will perish along with you."

"I will not let her die!" I said hoarsely. "I will give my life for hers!"

"Father, you will die too!" my son said, as his tears dropped to the floor and formed a river.

"Then I will sell my soul to the dark ones just to let my wife live!" I said helplessly, and I fell onto a chair and cried my heart out.

AUHTORS NOTE: comments and votes are fun and very helpful, please be generous. thanks. xoxoxoxoxo