The huge insult!

Blinded by my tears, I ran up the stairs, down the hall, and into the bedchamber and flopped on the bed, not even bothering to shut the door. Mary walked in behind me, and sat quietly on the bed next to me and tried to sooth my pain.

"It is not fair that Alexander embarrass me in this way. How dare he treat me with such disrespect, I am innocent of any wrong doing." I cried.

Mary carressed my hair gently and said, "I am sure he had a little too much to drink. You know how possesive of you he can get. Alexander waited five hundred years to get you back Elizabeth, forgive him if he over reacts a little." she reasoned.

"But I did not do anything to deserve such treatment!' I cried.

"I know you didn't, but everyone knows that Brendan still loves you and wants you for himself. Can you honestly blame Alexander for getting mad?" she tried reasoning with me.

I did not answer her question. ALexander should know by now how I feel about him. I love him heart and soul and I give him no reason to believe otherwise. I did not go looking in the gardens for Brendan, I was strolling the gardens by myself admiring the beautiful flowers, and Brendan found me there.

Mary stayed with me for a while and then ran off to find Colin.

I took off my gown and lay naked in bed, pulling the silk sheet over my body to cover up. It was lonely in this big bed without ALexander. where is he? does he think to punish me with his absence?

Hours later into the night, awake still and missing my husband, I wondered where he may be. My heart twisted with pain and the flow of tears were evidence of a restless night when morning came. I jumped out of bed, freshened up, wore a pretty blue gown that was left on the chair last night by a servant girl, and ran barefooted out of my room and down the flight of stairs, to the dinning area.

The warriors were having breakfast on the many wooden tables across the room. They all nodded in my direction, acknowledging my appearance and then quickly looked away. They were obeying Alexanders command and stayed away from me.

Angry at such display I marched over to the first table on the left where my three brother in laws were dining, and with my hands on my hips I asked, "Where's Alexander?"

All three rose from their seats, and Brendan motioned for me to take the chair next to him and sit down. Without hesitation I sat down and sighed.

"Does anyone know where Alexander is? He did not come home last night." I asked, expecting an answer, but none was given. The brother's looked at each other curiously.

"You mean Prince charming was absent from his beautiful wife's bed last night?" Brendan asked amused.

I ignored his question and looked at Colin, "Do you have any idea where he could have gone?" I asked.

"No, his where abouts remain a mystery to me too." he answered, and suddenly I lost my appetitie. Standing up, I wished them a good day and walked away.

Brendan called my name, but I scurried out of there as quickly as my feet could take me. Running up the stairs and into my room, I closed the door behind me, and leaned against it.

With trembling hands I pushed a few strands of hair away from my face and walked over to the tall windows. I saw all the warriors walking out in the courtyard for another day of training, and far off to the left of the courtyard, by the entrance, I saw Alexander riding a black stallion, into the courtyard, with a raving beauty sitting behind him and her hands were wrapped around his waist!

Alexander strode in the middle of the courtyard with his back firm and proud, and he eased himself off the black marvelous animal, and reached over and lifted the woman by her tiny waist off the stallion and settled her next to him on the cobbled ground.

Immediately the servants grabbed the reins of the magnificent stallion and took him away to the stables. I watched as Alexander wrapped his arm around the beauty and walked with her, introducing her to the other ladies of the court who were sitting outside on the stone benches, admiring the warriors who were in training.

My heart twisted with jealousy, as I watched Alexanders eyes rake over the woman's body. Suddenly he pulled his beautiful head back and looked up at me. I pulled away from the window, my heart pounding against my chest.

How dare he do this to me! I will make him pay for this insult!

AUTHORS NOTE: hello my dears, please dont forget to vote!! it is very important to me, show your love and vote. :) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo