To whom does your heart belong to?

Rage built up inside me as I continued to watch Isobel touch my husband. It seemed as though Alexander tried to avoid her advances, but failed miserably, until finally he pushed her roughly out of his way and marched inside the castle. Isobel pathetically chased after him.

Why was I even putting up with this? How much more can my heart endure? I missed my apartment, back in Arizona! I felt homesick and wondered if and when I will see my home again. I wondered if my friends missed me, and if they filed a missing person report.

I walked through the courtyard, reminding myself that things may not be as they seem. its all an illusion, it had to be! I walked up the stairs and down the hall to Brendans chambers and pushed open the door and stepped inside. Brendan was standing by the window with his back to me.

Did he witness mine and alexander's little episode in the gardens? Is he going to confront me about going through the portal with my husband? Brendan's arms were leaning against the sides of the window, and I heard him take a deep inhalation of breath.

I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist and dropped my head on his back. I felt his body stiffen at my touch. He gently removed my arms from around him and whirled around and faced me.

I tilted my head back and saw the tears that were threatening to spill forth from his eyes, and he whispered, "Release me from this pain, and let me be, Elizabeth,"

And I reached out and laced my fingers into his thick mane of rich black hair, and pulled his head down to me and I kissed him.

Authors note: off to la la land. please vote for my story and if you do not like were the story is headed, dont hesitate to comment and explain. thanks and good night. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo