The last straw!

The portal I opened up was not to our chamber, but to the gardens. I was afraid to go Betray Not My Heart our rooms, because I know that Elizabeth will attack me. May hap she can find peace in the gardens and she wont go as crazy.

Her back was to me and I stood still not knowing what to expect. I prepared myself for the worst. She had every right to say her peace. I was in the wrong, I was the one who betrayed her. So I waited quietly until she was ready.

Finally, Elizabeth swirled around and faced me. She looked angry, I sighed and waited.

"How dare you put me in a position to allow that bitch to keep my son! How dare you put me in a position where I allowed her to claim herself my sons Fairy God Mother! Whatever the crap that means!" she barked.

I said not one word. There wasn't anything for me to say that would justify my behavior. One might argue and say I did it for my family, but looking at her now, seeing the hurt in her eyes, I think the best option is to stay quiet.

She walked up to me angrilly, and said, "Say something! defend yourself! Let me hear what your defense is!"

I knew that if I stayed quiet now, she would have my head on a silver platter, and if I talked my fate would be no different. So I took a chance and said softly, "I'm sorry, Elizabeth."

And that made her even madder and she raised her hand and slapped me hard across the face.

I know I deserved that, so I said nothing, and allowed her to take out her frustration. I looked around making sure no one witnessed that, and sighed, but when the second slap hit me, it was unexpected and surprised me. I grabbed both of her hands and pulled her in my arms, and gently pulled her down with me, on the thick green grass, and her head fell against my chest as she cried her heart out. I let her relieve herself of all the anger that had built up over the last few days. This is very theraputic for her.

I held her for a long time in my arms, until her sobs subsided and she was quiet. I wondered if she hated me for what she went through. My heart bled too. The guilt was overwhelming.

AUTHORS NOTE: hello, please take a moment to vote and comment. thank you kindly. xoxoxoxoxo