Shame burdens the soul.

Back home at the castle, I waited patiently for my husband to return, even Christopher feels his daddy's absense. He has not stopped crying since we got here, and he will not feed off my breast! My father has taken him around the castle showing him off to all the warriors. The ladies of the court fussed over him all day, and I smiled knowing that when he grows up he will charm all the ladies just like his father.

Mary has kept me company the entire day, helping with the care of my son. That is her excuse to hold him all day long. I have been blessed with all the love that surrounds me. When my husband comes home, I will tell him how blessed I feel.

My husband is a rare jewel. I feel very lucky to have him. I know he loves me, I can see it in his eyes when he looks at me. I can feel it when he holds me in his arms. One of my favorite things about him is the loyalty he has for me. He would rather die than betray me.

My heart swells with love for him.

The door opens and my father walks in. He has a smile on his face, but I can see right through it. Something is dreadfully wrong.

"How's my girl?" he asked tenderly and gave me a hug. I felt his heart beat thunderously through his chest.

"Where's Christopher?" I asked, trying to calm my fears.

"Mary has him, she says that she will take him out in the gardens for some fresh air, may hap it will help stop the crying." He said, trying to cover up whatever has him upset.

"Daddy, whats wrong? and do not say nothing, because I can tell you are upset." I told him.

"Alexander is back and he is in the library, I think he should be the one to tell you." he told me, and I detected a coldness when he spoke my husbands name.

I pulled back from my fathers hold and walked away, heading for the library. Why hadn't Alexander come to me first, I wondered.

I threw the door open to the library and found my husband on the floor, in a pool of blood. The healer was pouring healing medicine on his leg wound. Colin and Tristen stood silently and watched the healer do his job. My heart pounded loudy in my ears as I dropped to the floor and looked at my husbands tear stained face. A million questions formed in my mind.

Frantically I waited for my husband to acknowledge my presence, but not once did his eyes meet mine.

AUTHORS NOTE: vote and comment and thank you thank you thank you!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo