Chapter 31

Alexander

We rode the for the entire afternoon. The wanderer who went by the name Sam said he knew where she was. The more time past, the more pain grew in my heart. I was afraid of what we might find. She has been gone for over a day. I have no reason to believe she is still alive, but she has to be. I wouldn’t give up on her… ever. I was surprised by the distance we traveled. It was amazing that she could have even gone this far without being injured. She had more strength than I’d given her credit for. Night fell just as we arrived at an old cabin. It was small and sat in the middle of the woods. It would be a place only someone who was trying to hide would stay at.

“She came from in here.” Sam said, pointing towards the house.

“All of you, stay here.” I ordered to the guards. I dismounted my horse. As I approached the cabin, I noticed a soldier a few yards from us.

He bowed and began to speak. “Your majesty, what are you doing here? There is no one inside. I’ve been here all day and haven’t seen a single movement.”

I looked at Sam. “Are you sure this is where you received the letter?” He nodded with confidence. I had to look. I didn’t hesitate before I pushed the door open with a creak.