Chapter 19

Matthew

I made a mistake, an amazing mistake, but a mistake. I took advantage of her. She did nothing to invite me to make such an advance, but I did it anyway. I betrayed my brother and made a wreck of my future sister-in-law. I couldn’t stand myself. Why did I feel that I was making a good choice as I reached for her? Every second that I held her in my arms I knew I was wrong, but I did it anyways.

Alexander

I was irritated at how angry Sophia got when it was not as horrible as she made it sound. I let her calm down for a few hours before I went back to visit. It was dark out when I arrived and I was afraid I might wake her, but as I approached I saw shadows moving near the candle light.

I took a step closer and realized it was Matthew who was in with her. I didn’t have time to make my presence known before he kissed her. What was going on? I was about to go in to pull him from Sophia when I saw her pull him towards her. She wanted to kiss him too.

I couldn’t help but watch. I felt it like something sharp in my heart. Eventually she pushed him away. As soon as she did, I ran back towards the castle. The pain hit harder as I got farther away. I tried my best to keep her and make her happy, but I had already lost her to my brother.