twenty-four

Niall was at the door getting his shoes on. Drew was standing at the door with him and Brendon was upstairs probably on his phone. Niall looks at his son.

" I want best behavior. I'll be back soon." Niall says.

" Dad, do you really have to go talk to him?" Drew asks.

Niall was going to be picked up by Harry to go talk to Liam. Niall was beyond nervous, and Drew was nervous for him. Drew didn't want Niall to go talk to Liam. He thought it was a bad idea.

Niall smiles at Drew," It's going to be okay DJ."

" I know, but I'm just worried that he'll be a dick to you." Drew says. Niall kisses Drew's forehead.

" Don't worry about it. I'm going to be okay." Niall says. Drew nods his head.

And with that, the doorbell rings. Niall opens the door and Harry was standing right there.

" Ready Nialler?" Harry asks.

" Yeah," Niall says. Niall turns around to Drew," Remember not to trash the house and make sure Brendon is well."

" Will do dad." Drew says. Niall walks out of the house and closes the door behind him. Niall and Harry walk to Harry's car parked on the street. Harry unlocks the car and the two get into the car. Harry starts the car and starts driving to the tea shop where they first talked about Drew.

" How was your morning Niall?" Harry asks.

" I threw up this morning and Brendon is slowly hitting rock bottom again, but other than that, it was a good morning." Niall says. Niall tells Harry everything, cause you know they're best friends, so Harry knows what's happening to Brendon. It hurts Harry too because Brendon was basically his son too.

" Brendon is hitting rock bottom again?" Harry asks.

" Sadly, yes. Everything that happened on homecoming really hurt him." Niall says.

" That's awful. I feel so bad for him." Harry says.

" I do too. I don't know what to do. Nothing's helping him and I just feel bad." Niall says.

" It's going to be okay Niall." Harry says. Harry pulls into the tea shop parking lot. He parks his car and stops his car. Harry looks at Niall.

" Are you ready for this?" Harry asks.

" Not really, but you're still going to make me do it anyway." Niall says.

" That's the spirit Niall." Harry says. The two get out of the car and walk into the tea shop. Liam was already sitting at a booth drinking some tea and looking down at his phone. Niall looks at Harry and Harry nods his head. Niall lets out a sigh.

Here he goes again.

Niall and Harry walk up to Liam. Liam looks up from his phone and smiles at Niall.

" Hi Ni." Liam says. Niall rolls his eyes and slides into the seat across from Liam. Harry slides in next to Niall. Niall looks at Liam.

" Speak." Niall instructs.

" Can Harry not sit with us? I just want it to be a talk between us." Liam says.

" No. Whatever you can say in front of me, you can say in front of him." Niall says.

" Okay, fine." Liam says," I know this is a long shot, but I want us back together. Forget that I ever cheated. We can-"

Niall cuts Liam off mid sentence," Stop right there Liam. I can't just forget that you cheated on me. I will have it forever etched into my brain. You can't just forgive people for cheating. I don't understand how I forgave you the first time. That night when you told me you fucking cheated on me, I wanted to cry my eyes out because I was reminded of the first time you cheated. I couldn't though because my child needed me more. I told my children what you did and they don't like you for what you did. My children think you're a fucking dickhead because you know why? Cheaters are fucking dickheads. You caused this to yourself."