twelve

" Liam, I think your visitor is here."

Liam turns around in his desk chair to see his buddy Zayn standing by the reception with his one young daughter and one young son. Liam smiles and stands up from his chair.

" Hi Zayn." Liam says. He walks towards Zayn and his children.

Zayn fixes his daughter on his hip," Hi Liam. I'm sorry I kinda just showed up out of no where, but I need your help eventually."

Liam looks at his old best friend weird. What's going on in his life?

" What's up?" Liam asks. The clock strikes 5, which means it's time to go home. Liam's co-workers start packing up to leave.

" I want to talk to you and Niall about it, if that's alright." Zayn says.

" Yeah, that's totally fine." Liam says," So, I'll drive home and you'll follow?"

" That's a problem because a taxi drove us here." Zayn says.

" Oh, then I'll just drive you." Liam says. Zayn nods his head. Liam walks back to his desk to grab his coat and car keys. He grabs his things and walks back to Zayn.

" Ready?" Liam asks. Zayn nods his head. Liam and Zayn walk out of the office building and Zayn is holding his son's hand in the parking lot. They walk to Liam's car and Liam looks at Zayn.

" Sorry, I don't have car seats for them." Liam says.

" It's okay, I didn't expect you to have them since your kids are older." Zayn says. Zayn places his son in the back seat and then gets in the passenger seat himself. He places his daughter on his lap and buckles them both in. Liam gets in the car himself and starts the car. Liam pulls out of the parking lot and starts to drive back home.

" We really need to catch up cause, I don't know anything about you anymore." Liam says.

" Same with you. I try to keep on social media, but I'm so busy with my kids that I don't have time." Zayn says.

" So, how old are your kids and what are their names?" Liam asks. Zayn looks at his son.

" Hey bud, can you tell my friend Liam who you are and how old you are?" Zayn asks. Zayn's son giggles and nods his head.

" I am Lucas and I am 6." Zayn's son, Lucas, says holding up six fingers. Liam smiles because he misses when his boys were that small. Zayn looks at his daughter on his lap.

" Your turn missy." Zayn says mentioning towards her. Zayn's daughter's face turns a bright red and she tries to hide her face into Zayn's chest. Zayn let's out a sigh and looks at Liam.

" This is my daughter Lucia and she's 2." Zayn says.

" Wow, so you just had your kids not too long ago." Liam says. Zayn nods his head.

" How old are your boys now?" Zayn asks.

" 16 and 14." Liam says.

" Wow, they're so old. I remember when Drew was first born." Zayn says.

" I know, it's crazy." Liam says. Liam drives back home and parks his car on the driveway. He stops the car and both boys get out. Zayn helps Lucas get out and Liam opens the garage door. The two walk into the garage and into the house.

" Li, that you?" Niall asks as soon as Liam and Zayn step into the house.

" Yeah, it's me." Liam says slipping his shoes off. Zayn places Lucia down and takes off his children's shoes.

" Well, come on, we just sat down for dinner." Niall says.

" Yeah, about that." Liam says. Niall looks at his children.