eight

" Are you sure you want to get your hair done?"

" Yes dad, I'm pretty sure."

Brendon and Niall were on the way to the hair salon to change Brendon's hair color. Niall still doesn't like the idea, but he'll do anything for his son. Niall was driving as Brendon sat in the passenger seat staring out of the window.

" So, how was school today?" Niall asks. Brendon shrugs his shoulders.

" It was school. Only good thing was I talked to the guy I like." Brendon says. Niall smiles at his son.

" Well, that's a good sign, right? At least you're talking to your crush. When I had a crush on papa, all I did was just stare at him and it made things uncomfortable real quick." Niall says. Even though Brendon's heard how his parents met a million times, he still finds it funny because his dad sounded like a creeper. And that made Brendon glad that he wasn't just like his dad.

" Why didn't you ever talk to papa? Why did you just stare at him?" Brendon finds himself asking his dad on his actions.

" I'm not really sure. He was just so attractive that I could never find the words to say." Niall says.

" You make acting like a weirdo sound romantic." Brendon says.

Niall shrugs his shoulders," I try."

Niall eventually pulls into the parking lot for the hair salon. Niall parked the car and smiled at the hair salon. He himself used to come here all the time to dye his hair blonde, but gave up once the kids grew older and became more busy. Niall turns to his youngest son.

" Ready Bren?" Niall asks.

Brendon nods his head," Yeah."

The two get out of the car and walk to the salon. They walk in and right away the workers smile at Niall.

" Niall! Welcome back!" One of the hair stylists say.

" Niall, is this Brendon?" Niall's second best hair stylist asks.

Niall nods his head and places a hand on Brendon's shoulder," Yep, this is my youngest son Brendon."

" He's gotten so big! Look at him!" Another hair stylist says. Brendon smiles a small smile.

" How old is he now?" The man behind the counter asks.

" He is 14 and in grade 9." Niall says. Niall's old hair stylist, also the one who is going to do Brendon's hair, walks up to the identical family members.

" I remember when he was just a baby." She says.

" I know, time flies." Niall says. Niall turns to his son," Brendon, this is Lou. She used to do all of my hair dying." Lou turns to Brendon.

" Nice to meet you Brendon. Now, what color do you want your hair to be?" Lou says.

" I'm stuck between a blue and a pink." Brendon says. Lou nods her head.

" You know what, I see what colors I want to put in your hair. Follow me." Lou says and gestures to the two to follow her. She mentions for Brendon to sit down in her stylist chair. Brendon sits down as Lou walks to the storage closet to grab the right colors. She starts mixing the colors and walks back to Brendon. She shows Brendon the color she mixed.

" This look good to you?" Lou asks. Brendon smiles. He actually loved the color she mixed together.

" Yeah. It's really pretty." Brendon says.

" And it'll look pretty in your hair." Lou says. She starts putting the dye in Brendon's hair and Niall smiles at his son.

" How does it feel Bren? Being a new man with new hair." Niall says. Brendon shrugs his shoulders.