thirty-one

Drew and Sage were alone with each other in a hallway that no one goes in before Sage's practice. Drew didn't have anymore football practices and Brendon didn't have anymore marching band practice, so the two got to go home. Only time could tell when Brendon was going to show up for Drew to drive him home.

Drew's and Sage's relationship was still on the down low and they were glad no one knew about it. It makes things so much more easier. Except people are starting to catch on that Drew is dating someone and Sage is dating someone. People just don't know they're dating each other.

" How was school today baby?" Sage asks. Drew let's out a groan.

" Don't even get me started. Apparently people found out I'm dating someone so I have people left and right asking who I'm dating." Drew says. Sage quickly pecks his lips.

" Oh same. Even Brendon is starting to ask and I feel bad because I keep lying to him." Sage says. Drew places his lips on Sage's forehead.

" We'll tell him soon. I just don't want him freaking out about us." Drew says.

" I don't think he will." Sage says.

" We'll have to see." Drew says. Drew's phone vibrates in his pocket. Drew lets out a groan and pulls his phone out.

" Who is it?" Sage asks.

" Who you think it is? It's Brendon." Drew says. He looks at the message.

From Dumb Brother 🙄 to DJ 🎧 :

Bitch, the fuck you at? I wanna go home

" What does Brendon want?" Sage asks.

" He's asking where I'm at. Which means I probably should leave before he finds us." Drew says.

" I do have to go to practice soon too." Sage says. Drew places his lips on Sage's.

" Alright, have fun at practice. Don't get hurt." Drew says. Sage smiles.

" I'll try not to." Sage says. The two separate from each other. Sage walks in the direction of the gym and Drew walks towards the exit students use to go the parking lot. Drew was walking towards the door when he sees Brendon and Ryan talking by the door. And by the looks of it, Brendon did not want to talk to him.

Drew starts walking up to them," Ryan, when will you learn that he doesn't want to talk to you?"

The two look at him. Ryan frowns and Brendon gives him a big smile.

" When will you learn that Brendon should fight his own battles?" Ryan says.

" Ryan, I've told you multiple times, I don't want to fucking talk to you." Brendon says.

" Bitch, I need to talk to you." Ryan says.

" He doesn't want to talk to you. Leave him the fuck alone." Drew says. Ryan gets into Drew's face.

" Was I talking to you? I don't think so." Ryan says.

" You're not talking to me either, so leave us alone." Brendon says. Brendon looks at Drew," Let's go."