forty-one

" Lani!"

The Payne brothers embrace their half sister as soon as she stepped into the door. She laughed as they hugged her.

" Hi DJ and Brendon." Lani says. They release from the hug and the siblings look at the parents.

" Uncle Niall, you look absolutely amazing." Lani says.

" Thank you Lani." Niall says.

" Am I gonna have a new half brother or sister?" Lani asks.

" It's a girl." Niall says placing his hand under his bump. Liam kisses the top of Niall's head.

" This is so exciting!" Lani exclaims.

" Yes it is." Liam says.

" Alright Lani, go drop your bag off in your room and come on back. We're gonna go out to dinner." Niall says.

" Actually, I'm gonna go out with a friend tonight." Brendon says. All the family members look at him weird.

" But Lani is here?" Liam asks.

" We can go tomorrow, but I wanted to hang out with them tonight." Brendon says. Drew narrows his eyes. He then realizes that party is tonight.

" Oh shit, that's right. I'm hanging out with friends too." Drew says. Brendon gives Drew a dirty look. Brendon knew what Drew was gonna do.

" Well, I guess we can go out to dinner with Lani tomorrow." Niall says, looking at Liam.

" As long as we can eat together as a family." Liam says.

" And don't worry, Lani wouldn't have to hang out here with you guys. She can come hang out with me and my friends." Drew says.

" But I want to-"

" I would love that DJ!" Lani says, cutting off Liam. She looks at Liam," I know you want to be together daddy, but I would love to meet DJ's friends."

Liam smiles," Fine. But tomorrow it's our day."

Niall looks at the children.

" I don't know what you guys plan on doing, but please make good choices. And I want all three of you home by midnight." Niall says. The three nod their heads. They all ran upstairs and to the boys room. Drew closed the door and Lani looked at her brothers.

" Let me guess. We're gonna go to a party." Lani says.

" I am. DJ's not." Brendon says. Drew lets out a laugh.

" That's funny, little bro. It's a party, anybody is invited. And besides, that 'friend' of yours needs to be watched carefully." Drew says. Lani raises her eyebrow in confusion, but wasn't gonna test anything. This was between the brothers.

" Oh my god, DJ! We're just friends!" Brendon says.

" Sage tells me otherwise." Drew says. Brendon rolls his eyes. He loves that Drew's using Sage to get information about him.

" So, what time are we leaving?" Lani asks.

" I'm being picked up around 19:30." Brendon says.

" Interesting. We're leaving at the same time." Drew says. He quickly types a message to both Sage and his friend group about the party and what time he plans on picking them up. Brendon rolls his eyes again. He looks at Lani.

" So how have you been?"

~*~*~

When the time came, Brendon was picked up by Matt's friends, along with Matt. He was introduced to each one and they hung out at one of their houses before the party began because it started a lot later.