forty-four

" Finished!" Niall exclaims.

" Just in time. Right before Melody's appointment." Liam says, looking at the time on his phone.

The parents were staring at Melody's now finished nursery. Niall was in love with it and he knows Melody will like it too.

" Can you bring DJ and Brendon in here please Li?" Niall asks, still in awe at the room. Liam pecks Niall's lips.

" Of course."

Liam walks away and comes back with two boys. The brothers stand in awe at the doorway.

" Holy shit." Drew says.

" Her room is amazing!" Brendon exclaims.

Melody's room was painted a sea blue color. On the wall above the cot, Ariel as a mermaid was painted along with Flounder and Sebastian. The furniture went along with the Little Mermaid theme, so there were seashells and bubbles on the furniture. There was also bubbles and seashells painted on the wall.

" Who painted the Ariel?" Brendon asks, knowing that neither dad can draw or paint for the life of them.

" Someone I work with is an amazing artist." Niall says.

" Now why couldn't we have something cool like this for our room?" Drew complains.

" Because you boys had to share a room and to pick something that fits both of you would be difficult." Niall says. Before anymore bickering happens, Liam speaks up.

" Alright Payne's, we have to go to Melody's appointment. DJ and Brendon, do you want to come?" Liam says.

" I have nothing else to do." Brendon says.

" Of course." Drew says.

" Alright, then let's get going." Liam says. The brothers walk out and Niall and Liam walk out together. Liam helps Niall down the stairs. They make their way to the garage door. They get their shoes on and get into the car.

Liam starts the car and pulls out of the driveway. He makes the drive to the hospital. Niall places a hand on his stomach. He looks at his and Liam's hands connected. Then he looks at his boys in their own worlds sitting behind him.

" You good Ni?" Liam asks, taking notice that Niall was in his own world.

" Everything is perfect." Niall says with a smile on his face. This makes Liam smile.

Liam makes it to the hospital. The family walks to the maternal ward and Niall checks in. They go behind the door and get greeted by Doctor Long.

" Hello Payne family! It's so nice seeing you all." Doctor Long says.

" It's nice to be back." Niall says.

" Lets check up on your little girl." Doctor Long says. He leads the family to a room. Niall lays down on the bed and the other family members gather around him. Doctor Long fires up the machine and puts the jelly on Niall's stomach. He rubs the wand around and Melody's heart beat fills the room.

Niall and Liam relax at the sound of the heartbeat. They know she's doing well.

" Alright, she looks fine. She's moving around, which is good. Her heartbeat is there. And by the looks of it, she might be a little bigger than normal, which is totally fine." Doctor Long says," Niall, do you have any concerns?"

Niall shakes his head," Not that I know of."

Liam gives him a dirty look. Niall should be talking about his cramping.

" Niall, you need to tell him." Liam says. Everyone in the room gives Liam a weird look. Then Niall realizes what he means.

" Oh yeah." Niall says.

" What's wrong Niall?" Doctor Long asks.

" I've been cramping recently with her. Is that okay?" Niall says.

" Yes, that's completely okay. As long as it's not all the time. If it's all the time, then we have something to worry about it." Doctor Long says.

" So every other day is fine?" Niall asks. Doctor Long day in silence for a bit, thinking about his answer.

" Possibly. As long as nothing else is happening. If it's everyday, then we have a problem." Doctor Long says.

" And if that day comes, expect a call from us." Liam says. Doctor Long looks at the family.

" Any other concerns?" He asks. The family shakes their heads. Doctor Long smiles at them.

" Then it was nice seeing you boys again. I'll see you in a couple weeks to keep any eye out on your girl." Doctor Long says. He stands up and walks out of the room. Liam helps Niall stand up. The family walks out of the hospital room and out of the hospital. They walk back to the car and get in. Liam starts to drive back home.

" I'm glad to hear Melody is okay." Niall says. He feels her move around as he said that.

" I am too. Only a couple more months until she is here." Liam says.

" Hey dad, can Sage come over?" Brendon asks. Drew lights up at that.

" Yeah, can she?" Drew asks. Brendon gives Drew a dirty look.

" You're not hanging out with her. I want to spend time with my best friend sometime." Brendon says. Drew has spent most of his time with Sage and vice versa. Brendon never sees Sage anymore and would love to, you know, hang out like friends. He doesn't want Drew there because Sage would be all over him. He just wants it to be him and Sage.

" You can. I'll just be there." Drew says.

" No, no, and no. I'm tired of you taking my Sage. I want to spend time with just her." Brendon says.

" Too bad. I want to hang out with Sage too." Drew says.

Brendon looks at his parents," Dad!"

" DJ, give Brendon some time with Sage. I know you're dating, but Brendon was her friend first." Niall says. Drew crosses his arms and pouts.

" You're such a baby." Drew mumbles.

" At least I'm not stealing your best friend from you." Brendon says. Drew rolls his eyes. Brendon looks back at his parents.

" So, is it okay if she comes over?" Brendon asks.

" It's fine Brendon." Liam says. Liam continues the drive home.

Everything was going right for the Payne boys for now.

***

Hi! I'm trying my best to update but I'm at a thing called work all the time!

But I really am trying my best.

This was kind of a filler chapter, so sorry it was short. But some bad and good things are happening soon! I'm excited!

I hope you all are doing good. If you have any concerns, feel free to contact me. I am here for you guys.

Thank you all for reading. I love you.

***