fourteen

Brendon woke up to the sound of someone throwing up in his parents bathroom, which happens to be right by his bedroom. Just like his dad, Brendon hates throwing up or even the sound of it. It also didn't help Brendon was going out to breakfast with Ryan.

Brendon and Ryan have been inseparable ever since their first date. Ryan always walks Brendon to his class no matter what. Brendon thought it was adorable of him to do that.

Breakfast together was going to be their second date.

Brendon lies in his bed as he hears the family member throw their guts up. Brendon couldn't help but shutter at the noise. He probably should see who was vomiting and see if they're okay.

With that thought, Brendon flung himself off his bed and down the ladder. He looks to see Drew knocked out on his bed. So it wasn't Drew throwing up. Brendon walks out of the room and to his parents bathroom. He sees his dad hunched over the loo looking awful. Brendon felt bad because he didn't know what to do.

Niall finishes vomiting and stands up from the toilet. He flushes the toilet and looks at Brendon surprised.

" Sorry if I woke you baby." Niall says. He walks to his sink and washes his mouth out.

" You didn't wake me up," Brendon lies. He plays with the bottom of his shirt." Do you want me to get you anything?"

Niall walks to Brendon and places his hands on Brendon's shoulders. He kisses his forehead.

" I'm glad I at least have one nice son," Niall says," It's okay Bren, you don't have to. I want you to get back to bed."

That was going to be impossible for Brendon. Once he was awake, he was awake for the rest of the day. And he was too excited for his date to go back to sleep.

" I can't go back to sleep. I'm too excited." Brendon says. Niall looks at his son weird. Brendon has never been excited about anything.

" Is there a specific reason?" Niall asks.

" Remember that one guy I went on a date with earlier this week?" Brendon asks. At this statement, Niall nods his head. Brendon continues," Well, we're going to breakfast together and I'm just really excited." Niall smiles because he's glad his son is happy for once in his life. And he's hoping he's actually going to eat something too.

" That's nice to hear. I expected to meet this boy soon." Niall says. Brendon rolls his eyes for Niall being a typical parent.

" We'll see dad." Brendon says. Niall kisses Brendon's forehead again.

" Well, just try your best to fall back asleep." Niall says. Brendon nods his head and walks to his room as Niall walks to his room. Brendon crawls up his ladder to his bed and lays on his bed. He laid there and just stared at the ceiling trying to have sleep come back to him.

It wasn't working.

As he was laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling, coming up with scenarios that won't ever happen, he heard a little voice from the doorway.

" Bren?"

Brendon looks over the railing to see Zayn's son standing in the doorway, looking like he just woke up. Lucas grew a big liking to Brendon, as Lucia grew a big liking to Drew.

Oh and Zayn and family is staying at the Payne household until he can finalize the divorce and get an apartment for himself. Niall is still not very happy with that.

Brendon quickly climbs down the ladder and walks over to Lucas. Brendon bends down to his height.

" Lucas, buddy, what are you doing awake? You should be sleeping." Brendon says.