fifty-two

Niall was sitting at the kitchen table holding Melody and feeding her breakfast. He was also eating his own breakfast. Liam walks into the kitchen, ready for work. He walks to Niall and kisses the top of his head.

" Good morning Ni." Liam says. Niall looks up at him.

" Morning Li." Niall says. Liam looks at Melody who was just about done with breakfast. She was smiling up at Liam, recognizing her papa.

" Hello princess. Are you gonna be good for daddy today?" Liam says. Melody lets out a little babble. Liam smiles at her.

"I'll take that as a yes." Liam says. Liam looks at Niall, " Are you sure you want me to go back to work today?"

" I'll be fine. You need to go to work to catch up. And besides, if I need help I have Brendon and Matt here today." Niall says. Liam kisses Niall's lips.

" Okay. Be good, and call me if you need something." Liam says.

" Will do. Have a good day at work." Niall says. Liam nods his head and walks out of the kitchen. Niall takes the time to burp Melody so she doesn't throw up. After she's all cared for, he takes the time to finish his own breakfast. He cleans up and walks to the living room.

Brendon and Matt were both asleep on a couch together. He smiles at them.

Brendon and Matt has a sleepover, but Liam and Niall warned Drew and Brendon that their significant others were not allowed in their rooms no matter what. So the two ended up cuddling on the couch. Niall didn't mind as long as everyone had their clothes on.

Niall walks to the little play area the parents set up for Melody. It consisted of a princess blanket and some toys. Niall lays Melody down on her back and sits with her. He dangles some of her toys in front of her and she tries to grab them. She let out a whimper because she couldn't grab a toy. Niall hands her the toy.

" Sorry princess." Niall says. Melody immediately shoved the toy in her mouth. Niall smiles at her.

" Dad, be quiet." Brendon mumbles from the couch. Melody tries to look in his direction.

" Sorry Bren." Niall says. Melody takes the time to shake her toy, making the rattle built in the toy go crazy. Brendon lets out an angry sigh.

" Dad." Brendon mumbles.

" That wasn't me. I guess Melody is saying it's time to get up." Niall says, looking at Melody who had a devil smile on her face. Niall lets out a giggle and shakes his head.

Brendon lets out another sigh and opens his eyes. He found his dad and sister on the ground.

" Why did you have to wake me up." Brendon mumbles, sleep in his voice.

" Melody's the one shaking her toy. She just wants to see her big brother." Niall says. Brendon shakes his head and sits up. He notices Matt still asleep next to him. He looks at Melody trying to look at him.

" Good morning Melody. I do not appreciate you waking me up." Brendon says. Melody smiles and lets out a babble.

" What would you like for breakfast?" Niall asks.

" Probably pancakes, but I'll ask Matt when he wakes up." Brendon says. Matt seems to wake up at the word 'pancakes'.

" What about pancakes?" Matt chirps up. He fluttered his eyes open and sees Brendon sitting up. Brendon looks at him.

" Would you like pancakes for breakfast?" Brendon asks.

" Yeah, that works for me." Matt says.

" I can get started on them if Brendon, you can watch Melody." Niall says.