thirty-seven

Drew and Brendon rip open their presents from their parents. Niall and Liam sat on the couch wrapped in each other's arms and just watched their kids open their gifts. They were going to open their gifts after the kids open their one or two gifts from the parents.

If you couldn't guess it, it was Christmas.

Drew holds up new football cleats. Drew smiles at his parents," Thank you guys. I really needed new cleats."

" I can't wait for you to see your stocking. Your cleats smell awful." Niall says. Drew gives him a dirty look knowing they got him things to put in shoes to make them smell pretty.

" My feet don't smell that bad." Drew mumbles.

" My nose hairs beg to differ." Niall says.

" Anyway, Brendon, what did you get?" Liam asks, trying to change the subject. Brendon holds up a really nice shirt that he wanted.

" That's the shirt you wanted, right baby?" Niall asks. Brendon smiles.

" Yes, thank you so much dad and papa." Brendon says. Both parents smile at their children.

" You're welcome." They say at the same time. Drew let's out a random groan because a random thought came to his head.

" When our sibling comes do we have to act like Santa and all the other characters are real?" Drew groans. Niall and Liam look at each other and shrug their shoulders. They look back at their oldest.

" Probably, yes." Niall says. Drew and Brendon both let our groans.

" Do we really have to?" Brendon asks.

" I say we just tell her the truth because it'll make our lives easier." Drew says.

" Boys, that wouldn't be fair to her. She needs to have a childhood too. We let you boys believe in all the characters." Niall says.

" And besides, she could tell other kids that they aren't real and ruin their childhood." Liam says.

" I guess that makes sense." Drew mumbles.

" Just deal with it boys. It'll be good in the long run." Liam says. The boys drop the subject. Niall and Liam open their gifts from their kids. Niall got a mug with the picture of the family on it. Liam got a football jersey of his favorite team with 'Payne' on the back. All the boys sat in silence admiring their gifts from one another. Niall looks at his family.

" Would we like some breakfast now boys?" Niall asks. The three nod their heads. Drew and Brendon stand up and walk to the kitchen first. Liam stands up and helps Niall stand up from the couch. Liam quickly kisses Niall's lips. Niall gives him a small smile.

" What was that for?" Niall asks. Liam shrugs his shoulders.

" I just love my husband." Liam says. Niall shakes his head, trying to hide his blush. He still adores when Liam always shows his love for him.

" C'mon you goofball. Let's go make some breakfast." Niall says. Niall walks to the kitchen with Liam following behind. Drew and Brendon were already sitting at the kitchen table waiting for their dad to start with breakfast. It was Christmas tradition for them.