eighteen

" Ready ugly?" Drew says walking up to Brendon, who was sitting next to Niall watching the news. It was homecoming week this week, so the theme for today is neon day, which means everyone should be wearing bright neon colors. Brendon was because he has some school spirit, but Drew was not into it. Drew couldn't care less.

Niall rolls his eyes. He's tired of telling Drew to stop calling Brendon mean things.

Niall hears a name he really likes on the news. He looks at his boys," Boys, what do you think of the name Carter?"

The boys look at each other and then back at Niall.

" It's an okay name." Drew says.

" Why are you asking us?" Brendon asks.

" Oh no reason. Just wanted your opinions." Niall says putting his focus back on the telly. The brothers look at each other weird. They had things to speak of in the car.

Before the boys left, Lucas and Lucia run down the stairs. Lucas runs to Brendon and Lucia runs to Drew.

" Bren, Bren, where you going?" Lucas asks.

" DJ and I have to go to school." Brendon says.

" No. You stay home and play." Lucas says. Brendon smiles at the young boy.

" I wish I could, but I gotta go to school. It's mandatory." Brendon says.

" Back?" Lucia asks.

" Of course we'll be back. We'll be back before you even know it." Drew says," Now go get your papa so we can go to school."

" Bye Bren!" Lucas exclaims.

" Bye bye DJ!" Lucia says. The brother's smile at the smaller children.

" Bye." Drew and Brendon say at the same time. Lucas and Lucia run back upstairs and the brothers walk to the garage door. They slip their shoes on and walk out of the house. They walk to Drew's car and they get in. Drew starts the car and pulls out of the driveway.

" Can I ask you something?" Drew asks. Brendon nods his head.

" Why the fuck did dad just drop a random name on us?" Drew asks. Brendon looks at Drew.

" I know! Is he telling us something without telling us?" Brendon asks.

" I don't know! I'm just so confused." Drew says. He drives into the Tomlinson neighborhood and drives toward their house.

" Do you think he's trying to tell us he's pregnant?" Brendon asks.

" I don't know and I don't like it." Drew says. Drew pulls up to the Tomlinson household. He parks in the driveway and waits for Sage to come out.

" It'll be okay DJ." Brendon says. Sage comes running out of her house wearing all neon and gets in the back of Drew's car. She smiles at the brothers.

" Hello Payne brothers." Sage says.

" Hi Sage." They say at the same time. Drew pulls out of the driveway and starts driving to school.