fifty-four

Sage stares down at her phone. She had messages from both Payne brothers saying they want to hang out.

Recently, she's been feeling overwhelmed by both of them. They're both always asking to hang out or do something at the same time. She constantly has to choose between the both of them and she hates it. She just wants to be there for the both of them, but she feels like she can't. She doesn't want to choose anymore.

She didn't know what to do, so she went to talk to her dad.

Sage walks out of her room and downstairs. She walks to her living room to find her dad's with Larry watching something on the telly. The three look at her.

" What's up honey?" Harry asks.

" Uh, can I talk to dad?" Sage asks. Harry and Larry look at Louis.

" Sure. Is this a tea talk or we need to be alone kind of talk?" Louis asks. He stands up from the couch and walks over to Sage.

" Alone." Sage says. Louis nods his head.

" Okay pumpkin. Lets go outside then." Louis says. He knew the walls were thin in his house, so he wasn't having Harry eavesdrop on the two of them.

Louis and Sage walk to the back door. Louis opens it up and lets Sage walk out first. Louis follows and closes the door. The two sit on the furniture in the indoor patio. They sit next to each other.

" Alright, so what's happening?" Louis asks.

" I need some advice about DJ and Brendon." Sage says.

" Sage, I swear if DJ is breaking your heart, I will personally kick his-"

" Daddy no! It's not like that." Sage says.

" Then what is it?" Louis asks. Sage starts playing with her fingers.

" I feel like I'm constantly choosing between the both of them. They're always asking to hang out at the same time. If I choose one then I feel bad for the other. I want to hang out with both of them, but I'll make one of them feel like a third wheel. I hate choosing daddy. I don't know what to do." Sage says.

Louis was not expecting this. He himself didn't know what to do, but he was going to help his daughter anyway he could.

Louis pulls Sage closer to him. He tried to comfort her.

" Oh baby, I know it's hard. Having a boyfriend and having friends is all about time management. You have to divide your time evenly between the both of them and have time for yourself." Louis says.

" But how do I do that? There's not enough time to do that." Sage says.

" Well, it's kind of like school and cheer. How do you manage your time with that?" Louis says. Sage looks down at her hands.

" I guess you're right. But do I tell them I have to spend my time wisely?" Sage says.

" Of course not. You just have to divide your time. For example, if they both want to hang out now, hang out with Brendon and tell DJ you can hang out later tonight." Louis says. Sage looks at Louis and smiles at him.

" Thanks daddy." Sage says. Louis kisses her cheek.

" Anything for you pumpkin. So which Payne brother are you seeing later today?" Louis says.

" I think I'll see DJ. He has a date planned tonight. Brendon would understand right?" Sage asks.

" Doesn't Brendon have a boyfriend of his own? He should understand then. Like I said, just make sure you spend time with him." Louis says. Louis starts playing with Sage's curls. Sage smiles because it brings back memories of her and Louis when they were younger.

" So, DJ is treating you correctly right?" Louis asks.

" Yes daddy. He really is a great boyfriend." Sage says.

" Have you guys had sex yet?" Louis asks out of nowhere. Sage lets out a gasp and covers her now red face.

" Daddy stop. I'm not talking about this with you." Sage says.

" What? I just want to make sure you're using protection! Are you being safe about it? Does DJ wear a condom? Do we need to put you birth control?" Louis exclaims.

Sage quickly stands up and walks to the door.

" No, no, no, no we aren't talking about this." Sage says. Louis stands up and follows.

" I want to make sure you're safe!" Louis says. They both stop when they see Harry and Larry standing at the back door eavesdropping on them. Louis shakes his head.

" I can't believe I married this man." Louis says. Larry waves at the two of them.

" I hope papa didn't hear anything we just said." Sage says.

" There's one way to find out." Louis says. And with that, Harry opens the back door.

" What did y'all talk about?" Harry asks. Louis walks up to Harry and kisses his lips.

" Nothing you need to worry about." Louis says. Louis walks back to the couch with Harry following. Larry gives Sage a strange look.

" Are you good Sage?" Larry asks.

" Yeah, why?" Sage asks. Larry shrugs his shoulders.

" Eh, the vibes are off." Larry says. He walks back to the couch. Sage rolls her eyes and walks into the house. She closes the door and walks back to her room.

Once in her room, she lays down on her bed. She responds to both the Payne brothers. She smiles at her messages with Drew. She couldn't wait to go on her date with Drew. She really does love Drew.

Mason walks into her room and stares at Sage. She looks at him.

" Can I help you?" Sage asks.

" Nah." Mason shrugs.

" Then get out." Sage says.

" No." Mason says. Sage rolls her eyes. She continues to look at her phone and ignored Mason.

" Sage, when did you know DJ liked you?" Mason asks. Sage looks at Mason strange.

" Where did you get this question from?" Sage asks.

" Just wondering. A girl at school likes me so I'm curious." Mason says.

" Uh, he told me he liked me at homecoming." Sage says.

" What if I don't like her?" Mason asks.

" Then be honest with her. Don't lead her on if you don't like her." Sage says.

" Cool." Mason says. He throws finger guns at Sage and walks out of her room. Sage shakes her head.

Her brothers were weird.

She continues to stare down at her phone and waits for her date with Drew.

***

Hey y'all!! Happy new year !! I hope y'all have a better year than 2020!!

I apologize for this chapter I have not been in the creative mood and this is what I could come up with.

I will do better from now on.

Thank you guys for reading. I love you all.

***