forty-seven

" Your tests all came up negative. You're free to go." The nurse tells Niall.

Niall smiles," Thank you."

Liam hands him the extra set of clothes and Niall walks to the bathroom. He changes into the outfit and walks back out. He looks at his husband.

" Lets go see Melody." Niall says. Liam smiles at his husband.

" I think she's dying to finally meet you." Liam says. They connect their hands and Liam leads Niall to the NICU. They get to Melody's room and wash their hands before they can enter.

They enter the room and Niall felt so upset already. The wires and tubes connecting to Melody made him so nervous.

" Don't worry Ni, the tubes and wires are there to help her." Liam says. Charlotte walks up to the parents.

" Is this your husband?" Charlotte asks.

" Yes, this is Niall, the other father to Melody." Liam says.

" I promise you the wires are for her benefit. She's been doing great the last couple days." Charlotte says. Niall looks at Melody laying in the bed.

" Am I allowed to hold her?" Niall asks.

" Not yet. But you can lightly touch her hand today. Also, make sure you introduce yourself to her." Charlotte says. Niall nods his head. He walks to the bed and sticks his hand into the bed. He puts his finger into Melody's hand and he watched her grasp onto his finger. He got tears in his eyes. He looks at Liam.

" She's so precious." Niall says.

Liam nods his head," I know. Now introduce yourself Ni."

Niall looks back at Melody. A smile formed on his face.

" Hello Melody. This is daddy and I'm so happy that I finally get to meet you. I'm sorry for what I've put you through, but I know you'll get through it. Papa and I will be here for you no matter what. I love you so much already." Niall says.

After he said that, a small smile forms on Melody's lips. Niall got more tears in his eyes.

" I love you so much. I can't wait for you to come home." Niall says.

" She must be a daddy's girl already. When the boys and I first met her she cried." Liam says.

" Because who wouldn't want to meet the best daddy ever?" Niall asks. Liam kisses the top of his head. Charlotte walks up to the two.

" Melody has some visitors by the name of Harry and Louis. Should I let them in?" Charlotte asks.

Liam nods his head," Yes. They're her godparents."

Charlotte walks to the door and lets the other two walk in. Harry and Louis softened when they see a teary-eyed Niall.

" Niall, are you okay?" Harry asks. They walk over to the other couple.

" I'm okay. Look at her." Niall says, mentioning towards Melody. Harry and Louis look at the small baby. They both smile at her.

" She's beautiful Nialler." Harry says.

" She's so small!" Louis says.

" She looks a lot like you Ni." Harry says. Niall looks at Harry weird.

" You think so?" Niall asks.

" Yes. She's definitely your daughter." Liam says. Niall smiles at his daughter. He couldn't stop smiling right now even if he wanted to. He was so happy that Melody was doing okay.

" What did you name her again?" Louis asks.

" Melody Kate." Niall says. As he said that, Melody let out a noise. The four boys brightened up.

" I think she's starting to know her name." Charlotte says. Niall just couldn't contain his smile. He loves his daughter.

" How long does she have to stay here?" Harry asks.

" At least a couple of months. I'm doing everything I can to make sure she is home as soon as possible." Charlotte says.

" We really appreciate that." Liam says. Niall's phone starts ringing. He let out an angry sigh and pulled it out. Drew was calling him.

" I hate to say this, but no phones allowed. If you need to take the call, you need to step outside." Charlotte says. Niall looks at Liam and hands him the phone.

" Talk to your son for me please." Niall says. Liam nods his head and grabs the phone. He walks outside as he answers the phone. Harry and Louis let out chuckles.

" Didn't want to talk to him?" Harry says.

" Of course I want to talk to my boys, but Melody needs me right now." Niall says, looking back at Melody holding onto his finger. Liam pops his head back in the room.

" DJ wants to know if Sage can come over." Liam says. The three boys snap their heads over to the door. Harry and Louis did not give permission for Sage to go over.

" No." All three say at the same time. Liam lets out a laugh.

" That's what I thought." Liam says. He pops back out of the room.

" How dare DJ and Sage think they can see each other without anyone home. Who do they think they are?" Louis says.

" They're trying to spending as much time together as possible. I don't blame them." Niall says.

" They probably were going to have sex if we agreed." Louis mumbles.

" Louis, we talked about this. We're not gonna worry about Sage's sex life as long as she's safe about it." Harry says. Louis crosses his arms in a pout.

" I know, but I'm just worried." Louis pouts.

" Don't worry, I trust my DJ. I can tell he's in love with her and would make sure she's okay the whole time anyway. I did raise my son right." Niall says.

" Yeah, yeah. You have a point." Louis says. Liam walks back into the room. He hands Niall back his phone.

" Did DJ need anything else?" Niall asks, slipping his phone back in his pocket.

" He asked if we were coming home." Liam says.

" And what did you say?" Niall asks.

" I told him I don't know." Liam says.

" That's a good answer because I'm not sure if we are. I don't want to leave Melody's side, she needs us." Niall says, looking back at Melody. She let go of Niall's finger and was just laying on the cot. Niall kept his hand near her just in case.

" We can go back for tonight. You need to sleep in a real bed and get some real sleep. Melody will be fine under Charlotte's care." Liam says.

" I don't know Li. I don't want to leave her by herself." Niall says.

" Liam's right. I think you should go home just to get a good night's sleep. And you can come back first thing in the morning. And Charlotte will be here to keep an eye on her." Harry says. Niall lets out a sigh. He hates when his friends are right.

" Fine. But as soon as I wake up I'm coming back." Niall says.

" That's understandable. Lets say goodbye and get going." Liam says. The four boys look at the cot and start saying their goodbyes to the small baby. Once they said goodbye, they left and went home.

Niall already missed his baby and wanted her to come home.

***

Whoops ! I hate ending chapters !!!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I just haven't been feeling writing for the week and plus I'm back at college so I've been overwhelmed. I'm trying my best, I promise.

I don't really know what else to say so I'm just gonna end it here.

Thank you for reading. I love you all so much.

***