thirty-six

Brendon watches the snow fall with the passing scenery as his papa drives towards the Payne grandparents house. The family were going to go swimming at the indoor water park near the grandparents home. Liam wanted to spend some time with his parents and he knew the waterpark would be okay with his kids. Even if it was December, it's never too cold to go swimming.

As Brendon was watching the snow, he was listening to his favorite band, which happened to be the one he was named after the lead singer, Panic! at the Disco. Brendon loves watching the snow fall while listening to music. It was so interesting to him. Winter was his absolute favorite season of them all.

Liam smiles at his family members who were all in their little worlds. Niall was humming along to the radio while rubbing his thumbs into his stomach, almost ready to fall asleep. Drew was asleep next to Brendon. And Brendon of course was enjoying the snow. Liam had to contain his giggles because the car ride to his parent's house was only two hours and they're already an hour into the ride and everyone was asleep or ready to.

" Liam?" Niall asks next to Liam. He could feel his eyes starting to flutter close.

" What's up babe?" Liam asks. Niall let's out a yawn.

" I'm more tired with this pregnancy than the one with DJ." Niall says. Liam lets out a laugh while shaking his head.

" I don't think so Ni. You just haven't gotten enough sleep because of work." Liam says. Niall burst into giggles. Liam continues to shake his head.

" You're right Li. I love you so much." Niall says.

" I love you too Ni." Liam says," Now get some sleep. I want you to have plenty of energy for when we hang out with my parents at the water park."

Niall felt their baby girl kick around his stomach at the mention of the water park. Niall smiles and looks at Liam.

" Seems like baby girl has plenty of energy for the water park." Niall says. Liam smiles back at him as he laced his fingers with Niall's hand.

" Well, that's good, but you need sleep." Liam says. Niall places a kiss on Liam's hand.

" I know, Li. Wake me up when we get there." Niall says.

" Will do." Liam says. Niall lays his head against the car door and lets sleep take over his body. Liam looks in his rearview mirror and sees his youngest past out too. Liam shakes his head.

It's going to be a long hour ahead for Liam.

~*~*~

" Hi grandma. Hi grandpa." Both Drew and Brendon murmur to their grandparents, still tired from the car ride. They hug each grandparent while Niall and Liam watched from behind.

The kids release from their grandparents and step aside for their parents. Karen smiles at Niall's stomach with her arms reaching out for a hug.

" Look at you Niall! You're absolutely glowing!" Karen compliments. Niall felt himself blushing as he embraced the hug.

" Thank you Karen." Niall says as he releases from the hug.

" How's my son doing?" Geoff asks.

" I'm doing good dad." Liam says. Karen looks at her grandchildren.

" Are we ready to get going?" Karen asks. Brendon and Drew nod their heads.

" We can take our car." Niall says.

" Nonsense! You're our guests so we have to take our car." Karen says. Liam gives her a dirty look.

" Mum, you don't have to do that." Liam mumbles.