thirty-four

Brendon was waiting at his and Sage's morning table waiting for Sage to show up again. She said she had to go to the bathroom, so Brendon was patiently waiting for her to come back.

But he looked real lonely without her.

That's because of the homecoming rumor with Ryan, all his so called 'friends' left his ass. The only true friend that stayed for Brendon was Sage.

So it's no wonder why Brendon hates himself again.

Brendon was playing a game on his phone when someone cleared their throat to catch Brendon's attention. Well it did. Brendon looks up and sees the guy he's liked before he started to date Ryan standing next to him. Brendon had to contain his smiles.

" What's up Matt?" Brendon asks. Matt mentions towards the multiple empty chairs at the table.

" Where are all your friends?" Matt asks. Brendon let out a laugh.

" That's funny. I don't have friends. I have one friend and her name is Sage. She's in the loo." Brendon says.

" So, you wouldn't mind if I sat down with you?" Matt asks. Brendon smiles at him.

" I wouldn't mind." Brendon says. Matt sits down in the chair next to Brendon. Brendon could feel his face burning up. That's how it always is when he speaks to Matt.

" So where is your partner in crime?" Matt says. He lays his arm across the back of Brendon's chair. Brendon could feel his face burn up even more.

" She told me she's in the loo, but honestly, I think she ran to go see her mystery boyfriend she won't tell me about." Brendon says.

" Mystery boyfriend? That's crazy." Matt says.

" Tell me about it. She'll spend so much time with this guy and she won't even tell me who it is! I'm her best friend, I deserve to know." Brendon says. Matt starts laughing.

" I hear you Brendon. If I was dating someone, I would let you know first hand." Matt says. Brendon raises an eyebrow.

" Really?" Brendon says.

" Really, really." Matt says," We're friends now, right?"

Brendon nods his head," Right."

" How is the Ryan situation? Is he still trying to win you back?" Matt asks. Brendon lets out a groan.

" Don't even get me started. I told him how I felt about him and he won't stop leaving me alone. He can't take the word no." Brendon says.

" I feel bad for you. I dated someone like that in middle school and it was the worst experience in my life. Ryan will go to university and forget all about you. That's what happened to me except we went to high school." Matt says.

" Yeah, but that'll be in two years. I can't handle two years of him asking for his forgiveness when he did me wrong." Brendon says.

" Try your best to ignore him is all I can say at this point." Matt says.

And with that, Ryan comes strolling down the hallway and sits down next to Brendon. Brendon gives Matt an irritated look. Matt tried to contain his giggles.

" How is my Cookie Dough doing?" Ryan asks. Brendon rolls his eyes and looks at Ryan.

" Don't call me that. We're not dating." Brendon says.

" Last time I checked, we are dating." Ryan says.

" When was that? Homecoming? Yeah, you're wrong bud." Brendon says.