fifty-three

Brendon wakes up from his alarm. He sat on his bed, just trying to wake up. He let out a tired sigh when he realized what he has to do today.

He has to let Matt know that he can't be with him anymore.

Brendon didn't want to do this.

Brendon got out of bed and dressed for the day. He looks at Drew who was still sleeping. He rolls his eyes. He wasn't even gonna bother trying to wake him up.

Once dressed, Brendon walked downstairs and to the bathroom. He fixed his hair up and put deodorant on. He walked out of the bathroom and to the kitchen where he found his papa feeding Melody and his dad sitting next to him, drinking tea.

" Good morning Bren." Niall says.

" Morning dad and papa." Brendon says. Melody perks up at the sound of Brendon's voice. Liam stops feeding Melody.

" Looks like you forgot one." Liam says, mentioning towards Melody in his arms. Brendon walks to Liam and looks over his shoulder to be in Melody's view. A huge smile appears on her face.

" I would never forget to say good morning to you Melody." Brendon says. He walks to the pantry and pulls out a cereal box. He grabs a bowl and pours the cereal into the bowl. He grabs the milk and pours it into the bowl. He grabs himself a spoon and started to eat his cereal.

" Brendon, do you know if DJ is up yet?" Niall asks.

" He's not. I'm not gonna bother with it. He'll wake up when he'll wake up." Brendon says.

" Then, I'll wake him up. He'll wake up at like noon and you both need to go to school." Niall says. He stands up from the table and walks out of the kitchen. Liam looks at Brendon.

" Dad told me about the whole Matt situation. I'm really sorry baby." Liam says.

" Eh, it's okay. Dad is worried about us and it makes sense. I'm just gonna miss Matt." Brendon says.

" God, I can't believe Matt is related to that piece of shit Jace. I hated him so much and I hoped to never see his ugly face again. Oh, if I see him I'm gonna fucking punch him." Liam rants. Niall walks into the kitchen and slaps the back of Liam's head.

" Ow! What was that for babe?" Liam asks.

" No swearing in front of Melody." Niall says, sitting back down in his spot at the table.

" It's not my fault Jace is a piece of shit." Liam says.

" Well, you're right on that, but don't swear." Niall says. A tired Drew walks into the kitchen. He looks at Brendon.

" Ready to go?" Drew asks.

" Let me go brush my teeth." Brendon says. He finishes his cereal and puts the bowl in the sink. He walks to the bathroom and starts to brush his teeth. Later, Drew walks in to brush his teeth. Both boys finish up and walk to the garage door.

" Bye dad! Bye papa!" The brothers shout. They walk into the garage and into Drew's car. Drew starts the car and pulls out of the driveway. He starts driving to the Tomlinson household.

The car ride to the Tomlinson household was quiet. Drew was still tired and Brendon didn't know what to talk about.

Drew pulls up to the household and waits for Sage to come running out. A couple minutes later, Sage comes running out. She opens the passenger door and slides in. She quickly pecks Drew's lips as she entered.

" Hi DJ." Sage says.

" Hey babe." Drew says. Sage turns to Brendon sitting in the back seat as Drew pulls away and drives to school.